Swagger brought heavy humidity, light drizzle actually, for the Friday 22 minute out and 22 minute return run. More Pax are reaching longer distances on this run and showing improvement. 12 posted for the run and return.
Conditions: 70 and 87% humidity
The Thang: Started at Blockbuster video traveling north on St. Andrews Road. Turned west on Lake Murray Blvd heading towards the Lake Murray Dam. Several runners made it to the fire department flashing light before making the return trip back. Multiple hills both ways create a good challenge for this run.
COT and BOM
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge has begun. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. It’s not too late to start.
- 3rd F Friday at Noon at the Lizard’s Thicket on St Andrews. We are reading through and discussing the Book of James together. All are welcome. There are plenty of Fuel Challenge friendly items on the menu.
- Don’t forget the Swagger workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Even if your running isn’t where you want it, come join the pax. All fitness levels are welcome and encouraged, particularly on Wednesday and Friday, as the courses are out and back. Walking / jogging will soon turn into running the entire workout. Swagger pulls out of the parking lot at Blockbuster Video on St. Andrews Road at 5:30am. Hope to see you there!
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts have arrived for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 6:50-8:00am and a strong Columbia contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.