Contrary to Teddy’s prediction, I decided to stay close to home today, and I pulled a couple of good workouts from the F3 Nation Exicon. It was great:
- Jog around the circus
- 20 SSHs IC
- 20 IW IC
- 20 Squats IC
- 10 Merkins OYO
- 20 Grass Pickers IC
- 21s – (SSH IC 1 to 5, then silent at 6 to 21 – penalty is a 2 burpees and start over) (We did this twice – thanks, Silver Bullet)
7 of diamonds:
- Outside of the baseball field:
- Round 1, do 7 burpees at each of the 4 corners with a sprint in between corners.
- Round 2, do 14 four count flutter kicks at each of the 4 corners.
- Round 3, do 21 merkins at each of the 4 corners.
- Round 4, do 28 squats at each of the 4 corners.
- Aaaannnnddd, we were running out of town so we skipped to Round 7 . . .
- Round 7, do 49 LBCs at each corner (but we only did one corner
- If we had had more time:
- Round 5, do 35 lunges (single count) at each of the 4 four corners.
- Round 6, do 42 BBSU at each of the 4 corners.
- Thunderstruck Q plays “Thunderstruck” by ACDC. PAX complete 1 standard Merkin for every “thunder!” that is heard in the song. Plank during the rest of the song.
Counterama, Namerama, Announcearama and the Ball Of Man
- Stumble tomorrow (Friday 5/28) is “fur-Friday” – bring $5 or pet food for animal shelter
- The Bull on Memorial Day Monday – 6:30am, 1 hour long
- June Qs will feature all former-Legion Pax (now warmly welcomed back as Woodshed Pax)
- Pondo’s T-shirt challenge is extended to the end of July!
Devo: My oldest daughter turns 14 tomorrow, so I pulled this from Q Source:
The Sacrificial Relationship Between A Man And His Children
A man gives everything he has for his children
After the M, Shorties are next on the next ring on the Concentrica. The HIM’s relationship with his children is sacrificial because he will give up everything he has for them. How much money does he spend on each of his children? Simple: all the money he has divided by the number of children he is raising.
The HIM’s relationship with his children is unique in a critical way. It is the one connection that can never be fully severed. He can quit his job and get a new one. He can divorce his wife and remarry. But every child he has remains his child forever regardless of how far he may roam, how distant he may become or how many other children he may have. A man may depart from his children, but he cannot quit them. While he may hide from them physically or emotionally his responsibility for them is eternal, as will be the consequences if commits relationship malpractice in their upbringing. The seeds of discontent sown by the ineffective father will yield a legacy of damaged fruit.
The quality of a man’s relationship with his children defines the quality of their relationships with everyone else for the rest of their lives. If he is absent, they will be distrustful. If he is capricious, they will be unjust. If he is cold, they will be withdrawn. But, if he is present, just and warm the HIM will have imprinted upon his children’s hearts a template of relational success upon which they can rely throughout their lives. They will in turn pass it on to their Shorties. In this way, the IMPACT is infinite.
. . .
The HIM’s unwavering sacrifice for his children allows them the freedom to grow into the men and women they were created to be. He bears this in mind in all his works and efforts.
For them, he sacrifices everything.
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.