Conditions: 67ish Humid
“ Got Sand in my Crack”
“Notebook take Dunphy back to Shawshank”
“Don’t twitter your on the Q, because no one will show.”
- Side Straddle Hops x 20 IC
- Hill Billy – x 20 IC
- Through the Tunnel X 20 IC
- The Windmill X 20 IC
- Big Pterodactyl X 10 IC Forward / 10 IC Backard
- Starting point – Side of Hill – Start at 1 o’clock position, do 1 merkin. Next, 2 o’clock 2 merkins. Continue to 12 o’clock and 12 merkins.
- Middle of field – 12 BBSU, drop 1 at each rep
- At end of field – 12 Burpees, drop 1 at each rep
- Sprint back to Starting Point. Rinse and Repeat
- Start Point – Side by Basketball Goals
- Zombie Front Crawl to other side. Zombie Crawl – Only use of hands and arms, no legs involved.
- Zombie Backward Crawl to starting side.
- Bottom of hill – 8 Low Squats
- Go up hill backards. Top of Hill 7 squats. Continue countdown of squats.
Quick Marys /Mommas
- Flutter Kicks 20 X IC
- Bear Plank Kickback 10 x IC alternate
15 Pax came to the opening of Turning Point Beach this morning. A warning was sent out on Twitter to bring a towel (for after the workout, not for the workout, WE AIN’T FIA!). We might just get a bit sandy. We were about to finish our COP and YHC noticed a latecomer first letter T sashaying in so we did a quick SSH to warm him up. YHC wanted to make sure the PAX was sufficiently drenched with sweat before heading to the beach so started with the Clock Merkin Countdown. The TP Pax grinded this workout. These men work! Spirits were high after this workout and we moseyed over to the playground sand area. YHC explained the next exercise, the zombie crawl, only using your arms to crawl and no legs. Tough enough to do and worse on sand. YHC demonstrated and my slow journey across the sandbox began. The PAX were VERY HESISTANT but all joined in the fun. Just like sea turtles they shuffled, huffed, mumbled, and told Notebook to take YHC back to Shawshank. My job was complete. After we reached the end, a return trip back’ards was next. The Zombie Crawl was a definite crowd pleaser. Running short on time, we did a quick uphill backards work out with squats. A total leg burner.
Turning Point is a solid group. Great AO with a variety of terrain and props to work with. Looking forward to my next Q. Just have to keep it on the DL so the numbers don’t go down. Great Work Men!
DEVO by Treadmill:
When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality. (NLT) -Romans 12:13
Have you recently wished someone would open their home to you and provide a meal? Why do we reserve this time for only the closest relationships or remain private during this time? Eating a meal together breaks down barriers and builds up relationships. If you wish someone would be hospitable towards you, turn those thoughts around and be the first to extend an invitation to get to know an acquaintance or mend an old friendship. Make the world a better place, practice the often forgotten art of hospitality.
-Tonight at 7:00 – Black Hawk Down Soldier Jeff Struecker speaking at First Baptist Columbia at 7:00 pm. Free, and open to the Family
-First Friday Fathers will commence June 6 and will be held every first Friday of the month during the Summer
-6/13 Color Vibe Run http://www.thecolorvibe.com/columbia.php
-7/10-7/11 GORUCK Tough & Light
-8/1 Sweet Baby O 5K
-8/29 Stomp the Swamp 5K / Convergence at Boneyard 6:30
-11/14 Lexington Half Marathon
-Still time to sign up for the Blue Ridge Relay (Sept) or the Kiawah Half Marathon (December)
- Swansons Dad having surgery today. Cancer is back.
- Prayers for Walker and the Phillips Family