As I planted the shovel flag in the gloomy mist of the Crypt this morning I had a moment of zen. This feels like home! My zen moment was soon interrupted by squealing tires as Thumbs Up sped down the exit lane on two wheels and pulled up blasting Sweet Home Alabama. Inspiration! It’s homecoming season and I have been Q’ing at a couple of the new AOs so why not bring back some of the more popular exercises (based solely on the volume of groans) to the Crypt for a homecoming mashup of sorts.
I wrote a story about it….Here it goes
Weather: Partly gloomy with a 100% chance of misty goodness falling from the sky.
Mosey around parking lot
COP – All IC
SSH x 25
WM x 15
TTT x 15
IW x 25
LBAC x 10 each way
Merkins x 10
Mosey to the not-so-secret-field-of-dreams for a favorite from my Q at the #Snakepit
Line up on the long side and face that way
No THAT way!
Sprint to other side
10 Merkins OYO
10 Squats OYO
20 LBC OYO
Bear Crawl to other side
10 Derkins OYO
10 Jump Squats OYO
20 Freddy Mercurys OYO
Straight leg Bear Crawl to other side (Always a CROWD PLEASER!)
10 Dive Bombers OYO
10 Alternating Lunges OYO
20 Twisting LBCs OYO
Backwards sprint to other side
20 Merkins OYO
Mosey to the parking lot for a crowd pleaser only seen in the gloom of #Jumanji…
Split into teams of 4 Pax
One person is the car
One is the crew chief
Rest are crew
Car sprints around one parking lot island and back to pit box
Crew chief calls exercise to AMRAP while car is sprinting
Car planks upon arrival to crew
Crew does 20 Merkins each while making pit stop sound effects
When complete rotate roles and repeat until everyone has been the car
I may have been the only one making sound effects but a good time was had by all.
Mosey around back side of parking lot…
eyeballing the beautiful hill…
Simon Says “Don’t do it Mac!”
It’s time for another favorite from my #Jumanji fieldtrip
Sprint to top of hill
Slide/scoot/run down very slippery hill
repeat 5 times
Since we have a man-sized hill at the Crypt I swapped burpees at the top for Merkins. You’re welcome.
Mosey back to front yard for..
6MOM – all IC
LBCs x 15
Russian Twist x 15
Flutter kicks x 20
BOM – Led by Thumbs Up
- Great work by the Pax today. I could sincerely feel the love behind the shouts of “Go back home Mac”. Leading the Q is a lot like being a shock jock radio DJ…the more they hate you the better job you are doing.
- T-claps to Thumbs Up for leading the BOM today.
- T-claps to Take-a-number for his mountain-top Cottonmouth picture. I had to use it even though he fartsacked on me this morning. #alarmclockproblems
- Mud Run training opportunities across F3SouthCarolina, see website for details
- Palmetto 200 pre-blast is up. Let Mungo know if you are interested.
- Patty Packs 5K and HM is Dec. 6th.
- Keep Granola’s coworker’s mom in your prayers as they deal with medical issues.
- The Q list at Crypt is looking pretty thin. If you have been posting for a couple of months and haven’t led a Q it’s an opportunity to break out of your comfort zone and discover that leader in you. I will co-Q with anyone interested if you don’t want to fly solo for your VQ.