38 Pax posted today in the gloom for a very special morning. Some posted for #TheBullsEye, some posted for #Ramble, and many posted for the inaugural running of #BullonFIRE. #BullonFIRE is a great example of the awesome Pax of F3 Nation stepping up and thinking of new and unique ways to honor those who put themselves before us. A big time TClaps to Backdraft who literally took #TheBull by the horns and planned this 9/11 tribute to those fallen firefighters (an eye opening 9 printed pages of names). Great words of reflection from Papa Smurf and Backdraft.
Conditions: 72 Degrees and 87% Humidity
#TheBull – Gather at the corner of Blossom and Bull Streets. Run to the top of the Bull Street hill stopping at Devine Street. Hang a left and enter the first of three garage stairwells. Climb to the top and complete 20 merkins. Descend down the same stairwell stopping at the base to complete 20 LBC’s. Continue down the Bull Street hill stopping at the 2nd garage stairwell. Up and down with 20 merkins at the top and 20 LBC’s at the bottom. Continue down the Bull Street hill stopping at the 3rd and lowest garage stairwell. Climb up and down with 20 merkins at the top and 20 LBC’s at the bottom. Continue down to the base of the Bull Street hill rounding the power pole. That’s 1 rep. Rinse & Repeat for 45-minutes completing AMRAP. With each new rep one merkin and LBC is removed (20, 20, 20; 19, 19, 19; 18, 18, 18; etc.).
Different from the normal #TheBull, the Pax split into four teams, and carried firefighting equipment. Each team carried fire hose, axe, sledge hammer, pick, and a hook. Many Pax wore weight vests to simulate wearing the air packs our brave men wear while fighting fires.
COT & BOM – Backdraft
Team 1: Completed as a team
Team 2: Completed as a team
Team 3: Completed as a team
Team 4: Completed as a team
- BRR is one week away. Let’s do this.
- MudRun: sign-ups end September 12th, the race is October 24th. Don’t miss F3’s Superbowl. Check the backblast or contact Heist at [email protected].
- GritIron is a new kettle bells + agility workout starting 09/14 at #Woodshed
- Hurricane Hike is 9/19
- #2nd F opportunity: 9/27 Skeet Shooting with the guys! Backdraft is the Q, details coming soon.
- #3rd F opportunity: Tuesdays at Eastminster Pres Church 6 PM (see @F3Papercut if interested), A Life Worth Living