BALMY BOMBS had seen several western AOs so naturally it had to make a trip to The Hollow, where the finest west side PAX reside (allegedly). I knew these beasts would make a run at finishing it and they did not disappoint. Here’s how it went.
1 minute warning
Mosey around the parking lot, start Strava late, end up on the other end of the lot for a warm up.
- 15 side straddle hops IC
- 10 through the tunnels IC
- 7 motivators – well I did 7, they all stared at me for the first 2 but then they figured it out (sort of). We’ll try again next time!
Mosey over to the other parking lot to begin BALMY BOMBS. Each island represented a letter so it went like this
- First island – B – burpees – start with 1 – add 1 each round – run to next island
- Second island – A – abs – 25 4-count reps each time – we did flutter kicks,
American Hammersflutter kicks, heel touches, flutter kicks, and LBCs – run to the next island
- Third island – L – lunges – start with 5 – add 5 each round – lunge toward the next island and run/walk the rest depending on distance
- Fourth island – M – merkins – start with 5 – add 5 each round – run to the next island
- Fifth island – Y – you run there – sprint back to the beginning
After completing five rounds, it was time for some BOMBS. 1 minute recovery plank then partner up at the first island. While one partner runs to the lightpole, the second one stays and performs the exercise. When partner one gets back, flip flop. Partners work together and if you’re done early, help other groups
- B – burpees – need 50 as a partner group
- O – overhead claps – need 100
- M – merkins – need 150
- B – big boy sit ups – need 200
- S – squats – need 250, we just got started before we ran out of time
Mosey back to the flag. Great work gentleman. Wore me out trying to keep up with the leaders of the pack!
- Brew Ruck this Friday, 6:30 pm, Kenwood has details
- Gauntlet coming up, starts 4/13
- SAFE Week coming up, starts 5/11
- Dear Diary and family
- Scotch’s father and family
- Dangle hearing
Devo (didn’t get to share since I had to rush out)
“The most important [commandment]” answered Jesus “is this: Hear O Israel, The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these”
Not a whole lot of explanation needed with that. Very simple but sometimes very tough to put into practice.
- The Hollow has a great dynamic of half workout beasts, half social hour. The mumblechatter and workout conversation is top notch.
- Kudos to these men for getting further than anyone else has on the BALMY BOMBS workout. Although, I don’t know if what Wild Hog was doing at the end qualifies as squats
- Inspector Mom gave some PAX pinkeye but we’re still safe from #coronavirus so it’s all good
- Stalker is a very underrated F3 name
- If Cramps was lightly striding during Stridelite, I’d love to see his times during Stride #zoomzoom