13 PAX decided to post on a mildly cold, yet still seasonally- temperatured morning at Turning Point. No running on this morning.
Conditions- 45 and clear
Head across parking lot to a random spot that we wouldn’t venture too far from the entire morning to COP:
- SSH x 20
- Arm circles forward x 20
- Overhead claps x 20
- Arm circles backward x 20
- Through the tunnel x 20
- Imperial walkers x 20
- Squats x 20
- Burpees x 5
Line up side by side:
- Power skip about 30 yards to light pole in parking lot
- Lunge twists about 15 yards up, backward lunge twists about 15 yards back
- Low slides, switching half way back to the random spot in the parking lot
Power skip back to the other light pole and circle up for some ring of fire:
- One person does 2 shoulder taps while rest of group planks, rinse and repeat
- One person does 5 squat jumps while rest of group Al Gore’s
- One person does 5 flutter kicks while rest of group holds their feet 6 inches off the ground
Power skip back to random spot in the parking lot and line up
- The goal here was to create a domino effect/wave with the PAX in the line. Didn’t quite work that way but oh well. One person did the exercise while the rest held a plank position and right when person was finished next person went.
- Merkins while planking and back 5 times
- Right arm up/left arm up while planking until it was just awkward and dumb
- Frog jumps up to a tree yay far away one at a time while rest of group Al Gore’d
Power skip to the grassy area at front of school
- Hydraulics x 20 IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
- Mt. Climbers/ Mt. Goats x 10 IC
Power skip back and get some curb
- Bunny hops x 40
- Scissors x 40
- Step ups x 40
- Sideways bunny hops 20 each side
Power skip to the flag for 5 min of Mary
- Tattoo’s father in the hospital
- Kids out tonight for Halloween
Devo- Stagnant in your prayer life?
I explained to the PAX what one of my preachers have been talking about lately. Using the Psalms to pray. Whatever day of the month it is- use that day and read the Psalm. If that Psalm doesn’t just jump out at you, add 30 and read that Psalm, so on and so forth. The first Psalm that jumps out at you, use the Psalm as a template to your prayer, letting the Spirit help you to pray.
We all have a somewhat stagnant prayer life at times. Use the Psalms to help you in your prayer life. For more information, check out Praying the Bible by Donald Whitney.