With a few regulars out recovering,
11 (nope, make that 12 with CandyStripe squealing in on 2 wheels) pax managed to unass the fartsack and post what was promised the night prior to be a challenge for all. YHC had a few new things mixed with some old in store for the pax.
Conditions: 49° with clear skies
Disclaimer and Prayer
Warm-up Run down to track and up steps to the blacktop at the top of Mt. Midway
- 25 SSH IC
- 10 burpees
- 20 Squats IC
- 8 burpees
- 15 Windmills IC
- 6 burpees
- 10 Thru The Tunnel IC
- 4 burpees
- 5 SloMo Merkins IC
- 2 Burpees
Run over to the top of the Mt. Midway at wall to gymnasium – count off by 3’s
- TRIPLE CHECK (TP style) – 1’s people’s chair, 2’s plank, 3’s Sprint down hill, around the first soccer goal and back with a bear crawl up the hill. Rinse and repeat x 3 each. Plank til the six arrives.
- Out of plank position perform 5 Burpees OYO
Run to courtyard
- Holding Pattern of Pain – After all we are at Turning Point and planes must circle while waiting to land on the carriers.
- Incline plank walk on circular plantar wall stopping x 10 on cue to perform 10 incline merkins
Run back to the blacktop at top of Mt. Midway and head to the line
Upper and Lower body line drills
- Line hops x 25 OYO and plank
- Plank cha cha x 20 OYO and plank
- Lateral hops x 25 OYO and plank
- Plank reach arounds x 30 OYO and plank
- Cha Cha x 25 OYO and plank
- Plank-o-rama on Q
- 5 Burpees OYO
Run back to parking lot
- 10 Burpees OYO
Mary – recovernextexercise method
- LBC’s x 20 IC
- Heel Touches x 20 IC
- Russian Twist x 20 IC
- 2 minute drill – Flutter kicks for 2 minutes AMRAP last 30 seconds
- #Kotters to Fast Casual on his return to Turning Point – great to see you out there today brother!
- Great effort by all pax. It is amazing to watch these guys transform right in front of your eyes. Some serious #sadclown transformations are going down at TP! T-CLAPS!
- Based on the moans and groans, YHC has to guess that the Holding Pattern of Pain was a #crowdpleaser. 100 incline merkins may seem easy unless you are endlessly plank walking between sets.
- I am honored to call these men my brothers and humbled to have the opportunity to post with each of them in the gloom.
- Mud Run – 7 days left to sign up
- BRR signups – Already assembling teams
- Quarry Run
- Tshirt orders – April 4th is last day to order
- Mustang Fest at Midway Elementary. F3 will have a table. Looking for volunteers to set up, man table, and clean up. Great opportunity to EH the #sadclowns that bring their kids to the event.
Devotion – My Shield
- “The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.” -Psalm 18:2
- A rock provides firm footing and a solid foundation. When it’s easy to just give up and we face tough times, who or what do you turn to when you have a tough day? Seek shelter and put your feet on firm footing. Ask God to be the power that saves you. When times get tough where do you turn. Easy to turn to addictions and unhealthy habits for comfort, but only through the Lord and His word will we get understanding with that comfort. Choose wisely.