Written by Squatter:
Inspired by the total solar eclipse, this morning had the numbers related to the eclipse on Monday. FYI, Ambush is the official home of the TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE as the center line will cross right through the Hexagon
- 21 – Date in August of Eclipse
- 1:13 – Partial Eclipse begins
- 2:42 – Total Eclipse begins (give or take a few seconds)
- 2 minutes 36 seconds – Duration of Total Eclipse
- 2:44 – Total Eclipse Ends (give or take a few seconds)
- 4:06 – Eclipse Ends (Full Sun)
Conditions: Warm and extremely muggy.
Intro, disclaimer, and prayer
Mosey to the hexagon for a warm up.
- SSH x 21
- TTT x 21
- Windmills x 21
- Imperial Walkers x 21
Grab a bench
- Run 1 lap – Incline Merkins x 13, run 1 lap – decline Merkins x 13, run 1 lap – BBSU x 13, run 1 lap – Step ups x 13
Mosey to block pile and grabbed two bricks.
- Ran up Ambush Alley to Rawl Rd. stopping at each pole to do 21 squats. (2 poles gives you 42 – 2:42)
- 2 sets of 36 each – Curls for the Girls x36, Overhead Presses x36, Triceps Extensions x36, Side Arm Raises (gave them a break and only did 18 of these)
- Ran back down Ambush Alley stopping at each pole to do 22 LBCs. (2 poles gives you 44 – 2:44)
- 2 reps of: 6 merkins, plank walk to right, 6 merkins, plank walk to the left, 6 merkins, plank walk to the left, 6 merkins, plank walk to the right.
- Jailbreak this weekend
- Stomp the Swamp next weekend
Parable of the Soils – Matthew 13:1-9 – When I was younger, I only thought the parable was about letting my heart be the good soil and letting my faith grow good roots so that when hard times came, I would have a good foundation to get through. Yes – I do think Jesus was trying to teach us that, but, now that I am older, I think he is also trying to teach us to be like the farmer who spread the seed out on all kinds of soil and trust in God to let the seed take good roots and produce a crop of 100, 60, or 30 times. We should not be afraid to spread the Good News to others that we think may not be receptive. A lot of the times, these are the ones that really need to hear the message of hope!!!