Conditions: 21 degrees, light winds 5 mph, 60% humidity, 9 degree dew point, but no snow!!
10 PAX gathered in frozen Strut tundra this morning looking to get better and get moving because it is cold! YHC was tasked with the challenge of leading this morning. YHC doesn’t like cold, not even cool really. So, what better way to spend a cold morning than cherishing the first day or summer!
But first, today’s musical selection to help take our minds to the warm and humid days of Summer, here is Y&T with Summer Time Girls.
The 1 minute warning was sounded, no FNGs noted, opening prayer and off we go for a mobile COP. Making our way around the large baseball fields, pausing near the playground and:
• 6 Burpees (OYO)
• 21 Windmills (IC)
• 20 TTTs (IC)
• 18 SSHs (IC).
Mosey a little more round the cement path and:
• 6 Merkins (IC)
• 21 Squats (IC)
• 20 Imperial Walkers (IC)
• 18 Mountain Climbers (IC).
Mosey a little more and:
• 6 Explosive Squats (OYO)
• 21 Calf Raises (IC)
• 20 High Knees (IC)
• 18 Lunges (9 each leg) (OYO).
Mosey a little more and:
• 6 Overhead Claps (OYO)
• 21 Dirty Birds (IC)
• 20 Little Arm Circles – each direction forwards and backwards (IC)
• 18 Raise the Roofs (IC).
Make our way to Le’ Rock Pile, partner up, and each group grab one rock for The Thang:
P1 will remain at the point of beginning while P2 makes his way down the path, turns left, and make his way around the concession stand in a counter clockwise motion, and back to the point of beginning; all the while P2 is doing the assigned exercise with the rock. P1 returns, and flip flop. Continue said pattern until such time that the combined totals of the below exercise are completed:
1. Military Press (100)
2. Curls (200)
3. Squats (300)
4. Chest Press (200)
5. Tricep Extensions (100).
Plank and wait for the 6 once each set is completed by your group – offer other groups assistance in meeting their required rep count.
Circle up and hold low plank while each PAX tells one interesting fact about himself no one knows.
Mosey to the parking lot and jail break at the edge of the parking lot to the SF for COT and BOM.
Naked Moleskin: The first day of summer is June 21, 2018, which provided us with our reps for COP. Great work by the StrutBrigade this morning, days like this, just getting the feet to the floor is an accomplishment. 7 PAX posted to #Rockpile – little known fact that the men’s room is unlocked and has a heater and will hold 7 PAX.
•Loose Screw Upcoming mission trip
•Aim High’s son, deployment
Announcements and the like:
• Raffle for F3 Hati – win a Yeti https://twitter.com/F3Haiti
• Aim High is collecting for care packages for his son and his unit while on deployment
• 1/6/18 F3LakeMurray convergence at Sped Trap
• 1/6/18 F3Lex – Saluda launch., preblast: https://www.f3midlands.com/other/preblast-f3-saluda-launch
• 1/6/18 Harbison 50K
• 1/27/18 GrowRuck Weekend. Details: http://f3nation.com/2017/10/25/growruck-08-sc-midlands-preblast/
• New Year/New Qs: Sign-up to Q, many, many openings throughout F3 Lake Murray Region, then rinse and repeat. Lake Murray Q list
• F3 (2nd and 3rd Fs) Lunches are a-plenty. Check Twitter and the website for details. In fact, there is a whole lot going on, so check the website and Twitter often for updates. Another good place to look for updates/info is in the announcements of the posted Back Blasts.
• Anchor meets at 0530 on Wednesdays on the Irmo side of dam, with a slow mosey cross the dam post KB. Now get the bell there and party with your bell out!
• Swagger meets Monday at 5:30 at Little Caesar’s (the building formerly known as Blockbuster) on St Andrews Road; at 5:30 on Wednesdays at America’s Best on Harbison, then on Friday they join for the Donut Run, 0515 (NEW TIME) behind the Dunkin Doughnuts on Lake Murray Blvd. So lace up and get there!
• An unofficial running group for those that don’t run, affectionately known as “Struggle” meets at least Mondays at 0500 on the Irmo side of dam for out and back of 15-22 minutes at your pace. See YHC and/or this: http://f3nation.com/2016/01/11/another-alternative-for-your-monday-morning/
• F3 Wander – Ruckish workout meets Sunday mornings at 0530 and MWF at 0500 at Ice House Arena on Main Street in Lexington. This is a great place to get your Ruck on and/or give the whole backpack thingee a try (which is what I have done). It is also a great 2d F opportunity. Come for the workout, stay for the Fritters at Krispy Kreme. https://twitter.com/F3Wander
Devo: (from Our Daily Bread)
What Do the Experts Say?
These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life. John 5:39–40
Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby writes of the “uncanny ability of experts to get things hopelessly, cataclysmically wrong.” A quick glance at recent history shows he’s right. The great inventor Thomas Edison, for instance, once declared that talking movies would never replace silent films. And in 1928, Henry Ford declared, “People are becoming too intelligent ever to have another war.” Countless other predictions by “experts” have missed the mark badly. Genius obviously has its limits.
Only one Person is completely reliable, and He had strong words for some so-called experts. The religious leaders of Jesus’s day claimed to have the truth. These scholars and theologians thought they knew what the promised Messiah would be like when He arrived.
Jesus cautioned them, “You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life.” Then He pointed out how they were missing the heart of the matter. “These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life” (John 5:39–40).
As another new year gets underway, we’ll hear predictions ranging from the terrifying to the wildly optimistic. Many of them will be stated with a great deal of confidence and authority. Don’t be alarmed. Our confidence remains in the One at the very heart of the Scriptures. He has a firm grip on us and on our future.
Prayer: Father, whenever we are troubled or alarmed, help us to seek You. We commit this coming year and all it holds to You.