In spite of Gaston’s promises for no rain, a light mist fell upon the 13 collected pax in Trenholm plaza ahead of a speed test day inspired by the weekend’s #GrowRuck07. 45 minutes into that twelve hour ordeal, the @GORUCK cadre called for an Army standard PFT (Personal Fitness Test) which consisted of AMRAP Mercans for 2 minutes, AMRAP BBSU’s for 2 minutes and an AFAP 2 mile run. Being a run group, YHC decided to skip the Mercans and BigBoys but the 2 mile speed test was a perfect call for a Monday morning. 15:52 was the standard. RA had already checked that box Saturday night so he settled for a little recovery stroll while the rest of us headed out for the following:
Conditions: Low 50’s and a soft mist… which did, in fact, stop as Gaston promised
Heading out of Trenholm Plaza:
- Turn left onto Trenholm Road
- Left onto Forest Ridge
- Left onto Quail Lane and then
- Right onto Wrenwood Road to the corner of Wrenwood and Shady
From there, it’s exactly 1 mile to the second Shady/Milford intersection and, obvioulsy, another 1 mile back. That was the speed test that the pax were suitably warmed up for.
- Right onto Shady Lane and Straight to the second Milford corner.
- Turn around and race back to Wrenwood.
- Clock your time for comparison (YHC was good for 14:56 which was apparently middle to rear of the #Scramble #Faithful)
From there it was a simple return trip back the way we came:
- Left onto Wrenwood Road
- Left onto Quail Lane
- Right onto Forest Ridge
- Right into Trenholm Road and
- Right down into Trenholm Plaza for the finish line. MapMyRun had it at 4.3 miles but someone with a GPS correct us all for the record.
COT & BOM
- F3Haiti team leaves on February 3rd and returning February 10th. Pray for the team and for the people of Haiti. It’s been a tough year.
- Upon our return from Haiti, F3 and FiA are hosting an Open House at River Rat Brewery. Details are on Facebook (what?) Here or just show up on Februray 11th, 3:00-5:00 PM at River Rat Brewery, 1231 Shop Road. Family friendly event and suitable for EH’ing an FNG.