10 pax ventured in to the gloom on this warm, muggy 78 degree morning to #getbetter. With @F3Columbia Nantan Billy Bob visiting, YHC knew to bring his A game. Using Turnpike’s twitter video of crazy Bills fans jumping through tables as motivation, it was time for the return of an old favorite. Here we go:
- SSH x 15 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 10 IC
- Little Baby Arm Circles x 10 FWD x 10 REV IC
- Overhead Arm Claps x 15 IC
- Through The Tunnel x 15 IC
Now lets mosey up SKG dr. Stop at each street on the right on our way up to Retreat Ln. At each stop, do 10 Merkins, 10 Squats. At Retreat, head towards the nice hill going into the cul-de-sac for some GO BILLS! Starting at the top of he hill, perform GO
- G – Groiners x 10
- O – Overhead Arm Claps x 10
Run down the hill for BILLS. Start with the B, run back up the hill for a GO, back down and add a letter. Repeat until we’ve spelled BILLS:
- B – Burpees x 5 (25 total)
- I – Imperial Walkers x 10 (40 total)
- L – LBCs x 15 (45 total)
- L – Lunges x 20 (40 total)
- S – Squats x 25 (25 total)
At the top GO again for good measure. Mosey back to home base stopping along the way for 10 merkins, 10 squats each time. All together, there were 5 stops up to Retreat, 5 stops back, for a total of 100 merkins, 100 squats (+the 25 from BILLS).
Back at the parking lot with a few minutes to spare, head down to the picnic tables:
- 20 dips OYO
- 20 Incline Merkins OYO
Head back to the parking lot – on your six:
- Flutter Kicks x 25 IC
- Big Boys x 10 OYO
And that’s it. Good work, good push by everyone out there. It’s always good to have some non-Castle regulars come visit. Thanks Billy Bob and Shocker for coming to hang out with us this morning!
- Check out the Rogue Runners (not rouge runners) – new running AO meets Tues/Thurs 5:15 at Starbucks on Garners Ferry. This works well with the Castle’s MWF boot camp schedule.
- Converge with Iron Yard next Friday (7/27). No workout at the Castle. HC to Doubledown for kettle bell count.
Words of Wisdom from the Nantan:
- HC to workouts on twitter – hold yourself accountable, motivate others
- Get out of your comfort zone – check out different AOs, go to running groups
- Backblasts – Write them!!
Prayers up for those pax, and everyone else out there struggling with addiction and other issues in their lives.