When @F3Gear tweeted out that they were releasing a specialized Workout Deck of cards, YHC was one of the first to snap up the pre-order. Once they were produced and arrived, I couldn’t wait to use them with my brothers at Detention, except at that time the Q sheet was slap full. They sat and collected dust until Boo Boo called me out on it last week and in response, YHC’s name went on the Q sheet for 12/6. Here’s how it went down:
25…yes TWENTY FIVE IN SOUTH CAROLINA…and clear
YHC was alone and cold for 3.1 miles, including a swing by Banjo’s house. Ready to start seeing some of our Strideliters back out!
Mosey around the parking lot loop to an open spot in the grass
1 burpee OYO
2 burpees OYO
20 Imperial Walkers
3 burpees OYO
4 burpees OYO
20 Big Arm Circles (10 each direction)
5 burpees OYO
Mosey back through the parking lot to the covered benches
Each PAX grabbed a bench and did 25 step-ups on each leg for 50 total
25 Dips were called, then promptly modified to 20
Mosey through the gate and to the benches at the corner of the track, where the (waterproof) deck of cards was collecting frost
Each PAX was dealt 6 cards. A lot of time was spent shuffling the cards on Wednesday night after hearing tales of others who hadn’t shuffled well enough
We went around the circle and each PAX threw down whichever card contained the exercise they wanted to perform.
Once all 6 PAX had dealt, we took a recovery lap around the track and dealt cards all over again.
Note: Wingback doesn’t understand what the word “recovery” means
Thankfully, the PAX created a discard pile or else I’d never be able to write this backblast!
Here are the exercises:
- 25 4 Count American Hammers
- 2 Suicide Sprints across the basketball court
- 10 Rosalitas
- 10 Alternating Side Squats – worked out some muscles that haven’t seen much work ever. Including a new muscle that Blue Rhino taught us all about called the “Cheekbutt”.
- 25 Shoulder Taps
- 10 Heels to Heaven
- 10 Squat Thrusts – None of the PAX could quite figure out what this meant, but watching Blue Rhino’s initial interpretation of them was worth the price of the whole deck. FWIW, I’m still not sure what they are after reading the definition
- 25 Dips
- 10 Carolina Dry Docks
- 10 Low Slow Squats
- 90 Second High Plank
- 10 Hand Release Merkins
- 25 Mountain Climbers
- Wingback was dealt the Joker, asked if Jokers were wild, YHC responded “Yes” and immediately regretted it as he casually said “20 burpees”. The PAX groaned enough to get him to lower it to 10
- 10 Incline Merkins
- Oblique Crunch – 15 each side (gonna be feeling these tomorrow)
- 10 WWII Situps
- 25 Monkey Humpers to end it right
Mosey back to shovel flag and low plank for 60 seconds.
- Detention Family Dinner – TONIGHT – 6:00 at Backyard Cafe in West Columbia
- 12/8 Brew Ruck Toy Drive
- 12/14 Christmas Party
- Dam to Dam Relay – 2/16 – https://www.damtodamrelay.com
- Tool Time’s Mother-In-Law
- Wingback’s Mother-In-Law
- Rook – dealing with a tendon sprain
- Muscles – getting some teeth pulled today
- Patience for all of us during the holiday season with coworkers, family and friends. It gets really hectic and tempers can easily flare
Always fun to Q at my home AO and the one that started it all for me! Unfortunately, numbers have been a bit low lately due to a lot of work commitments and adjusting to the cold weather. Hope to see all the old gang back out real soon, need to start seeing those Detention numbers closer to the 20s like it used to be!