This is the first annual Stomp the Swamp 5K race to benefit the River Bluff High School Cross Country teams. River Bluff has been VERY generous in allowing F3 to use many of their facilities. Crypt, Graveyard, and Stride meet there during the week. Let’s say THANKS in a huge way!
Since the announcement was made early in the summer about this race, F3Columbia quickly jumped on board to spread the word in support of the school and XC program.
If you haven’t registered for this race, please go to the following link to register:
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
For more info, go to the River Bluff Gators XC Facebook page as well.
Let’s make a HUGE showing at this event!
UPDATE: Packet and Race day info directly from Coach Gomez (AKA Kimye)
- Please arrive before 7:30 a.m. We will begin promptly @ 8:00 a.m. This will be a closed race. All entrances will be closed and all traffic stopped until the last runner is off the course.
- Please enter through the Athletic Parking Entrance (Second Entrance from Corley Mill Road). Parking will be in the Student Parking with Overflow in the Upper Parking Lot. There will be parking attendants to help you with directions. Please exit through the same Entrance.
- Packet Pickup – Early Packet Pickup will be Friday from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. at C Cycle Studio. Their address is 711 East Main Street, Lexington, SC 29072 in the Old Mill. Race Day Packet Pickup will be in the Gator Commons overlooking The Swamp (Football Field) beginning @ 6:30 a.m.
- A map of the course will be displayed during registration. There will be over 50 volunteers on the course. We will have a lead bicycle leading the race, and a vehicle following the last runner. Course will be marked with arrows as well.
- There will be two water stations on the course. One at Mile 1 and the other at Mile 2
- For those that registered in the past 5 days – We are making an additional T Shirt Order on Friday to make sure that EVERYONE receives an inaugural Stomp the Swamp T Shirt. We will email those not receiving a shirt when the order comes in. Thank you for your patience.
- Awards Ceremony is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. (subject to change)