We had a good crowd today at the Saturdayvergence. The Hollow was the AO with pax from several other surrounding AOs joining us. 16 was the count. 8 for Coffeteria. Weather was really nice!
YHC had planned a tour of campus running to various spots for the exercises. The weinke actually had a few more things that we didn’t get to because of time. So modifications were made and we completed the tour on time.
We kind of had an inanimate FNG today… Mr. Yellow Ball. He looked a lot like a yellow kick ball and seemed to boss everyone around. Anyway, here’s what happened…
- 1 minute warning, intro, disclaimer, prayer
Mr. Yellow Ball then took over and told us where to go and what to do. He rolled along side us the entire workout.
Mosey to the courtyard for some warmup exercises:
- 10x SSHs IC
- 10x IWs IC
- 10x TTTs IC
Next we went to the blockpile, grabbed one, and gathered nearby for:
- 1x CFTG
- 4x SHRUGs
- 2x CFTGs
- 8x SHRUGs
- ~8x CFTGs
- ~32x SHRUGs
Honey Boo Boo thought Mr. Yellow Ball said to do Blockees, but what he really said to do was…
Mosey around to the access road to the hill behind the tennis courts where we did some partner exercises…
- Partner 1 – CLOCK MERKINs
- Partner 2 – AL GORE
So one pax would run halfway up the hill, do 1 merkin at the 1 o’clock position, run back while the other pax waited in the Al Gore position. Flapjack until both pax did the 12 rounds (2 at 2 o’clock spinning around until 12 at 12 o’clock).
Next we mosied to the tennis courts for a little ladder work…
- Station 1 – 2 BURPEEs
- Station 2 – 2x BURPEES, 4x BOBBY HURLEYs
- Station 3 – 2x BURPEES, 4x BOBBY HURLEYs, 6x BBSUs
- Station 4 – 2x BURPEES, 4x BOBBY HURLEYs, 6x BBSUs, 8x MIME MERKINs
- Station 5 – 2x BURPEES, 4x BOBBY HURLEYs, 6x BBSUs, 8x MIME MERKINs, 10x BOUNCEY JUMP SQUATs
- Station 6 – 2x BURPEES, 4x BOBBY HURLEYs, 6x BBSUs, 8x MIME MERKINs, 10x BOUNCEY JUMP SQUATs, 12x MORNING WOODs
We did some butt kicks, high knees, and lunges between the stations. Here “Mime Merkins” were born. As I was explaining the mid-hi-mid-hi merkin hand placement, apparently I looked like a mime stuck behind the invisible wall.
Cheers thought he heard Mr. Yellow Ball say to go the the planter box next, so we did. There we did some:
- 11s – 1/10, 2/9, …, 9/2, 10/1 reps of STEP UPs / DERKINs
We continued to CATs dirt and used their bricks for:
- 1x BBSU (straight legs, bricks to the sky)
- 4x OHPs (straight legs, sitting up)
- 2x BBS”Us
- 8x OHPs
- 5x BBSUs
- 20x OHPs
After putting the bricks back we went to the far end of the the practice football field for:
- 100 YD PARTNER BEARCRAWL – we’d roll Mr. Yellow Ball out, pax 1 would bearcrawl, pax 2 would walk, flapjack, rinse and repeat until we got to the opposite end zone.
The next destination was the stairs. But as we made our way around we found FiA there and made an audible. We continued to the new breezeway for some…
- 7’s – 1/6, 2/5, … 6/1 reps of HAND RELEASE RELEASE MERKINs / IRON CROSS
The tour of campus was coming to an end as we got back to the blocks. Before putting them up we got in a few minutes of:
- 1x ELF ON THE SHELF
- 4x BENT OVER ROWs
- 2x EOTSs
- 8x BORs
- ~5x EOTSs
- ~20x BORs
Blocks were returned and we wrapped things up at the shovel flag.
- 9/26 – Smokehouse 9/11 Challenge
- 10/2-3 – GORUCK Tough/Light
- 11/14 – Cheech 10K and other distances
No particular prayer requests.
- Argyle needs a new headlamp.
- Blue Bloods is dropping some pounds.
- Mr. Yellow Ball is a real kick, and will be invited back one day.