When: April 4, 2020 at 7 AM
Where: Memorial Park, 700 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC
What: CSAUP Event to Celebrate 5 years at The Mission AO
F3 The Mission has been making a difference for 5 years! THANK YOU to all of the men who have participated in workouts and fun events with our brothers at Oliver Gospel Mission.
To mark the occasion, The Mission is planning not only a convergence or a CSAUP or a cookout but ALL 3! Read on!
We’ll start with a COP at Memorial Park (700 Hampton St) at 7AM. From there we’ll head to Riverfront Park for the main event, something we’re calling “The Journey of the Cross”. The team competition will include challenges, heavy coupons and brief devotions teaching about Jesus’ journey to the cross. The roughly 7 mile journey will wrap up “at the red door” at Oliver Gospel Mission (1100 Taylor St) with a cookout lunch. The Mission is known for delivering all 3 F’s every Saturday, so come be a part.
Some of the details are still being worked, but here’s what we can tell you:
- When: 4/4/20 at 7am
- Where: Memorial Park (700 Hampton St)
- Format: Team Challenge
- After COP, you will be randomly placed on a team. Each team will consist of a cross-section of PAX from around the region
- Each team will complete a series of challenges as we cover approx. 7 miles along the River
- At prescribed stops there will be stations to draw lessons from Jesus life and trials that apply to our real life challenges
- This is not a ruck event. You are welcome to wear a ruck, but it’s not necessary or suggested
- A team captain will be appointed to lead each team to keep things on track
- Each PAX is welcome to bring water, but we will also have water available on the course
- There is no cost for the event, but donations are welcome to cover costs, (lunch, maybe patches). Any excess will be put toward the next order of F3 shirts that the OGM guys earn for completing 3 workouts.
So, what are you waiting for? HC today so we’ll have an idea of how many teams to prepare for and how many grills it will take to feed everyone!
If you’ve been to The Mission you know what a special AO it is. Come be part of marking this milestone, and bring somebody with you to see why The Mission is so unique.
T-Claps to Drummer Boy for being the catalyst to make this event a reality!
Come join us for some or all of the celebration.