20 Pax gathered in the parking lot of Lowe’s for a #stride down into Whiteford. This was the same route that YHC Q’d on April 30, when Stride commenced its first road run as part of F3Columbia.
Conditions: 70° and 95% RH
Disclaimer/Safety/Route/Prayer for Walker
Head out of Lowes PL and turn left onto Whiteford Way.
Stay on Whiteford Way all the way to N. Lake Dr. Turn right onto N. Lake Drive and go out 20 minutes and turn around and return to Lowes.
YHC was encouraged to see a lot of old faces come out once again to work on their off days from boot camp,.. Including some really tired looking stride-lite runners who get up REALLY early to run before their respective bootcamp workouts. TCLAPS to those seeking to #getbetter! Everyone did very well on this run!
I can say from personal experience that consistency in running (or anything for that mattter) does help improve your performance. Don’t let the fartsack get you down in your progress! Keep working!
- 5K this Saturday Sweet Baby O. YHC will be with you in spirit God’s speed be with you and his wind help you to be faster out there!
- August 23 Stomp the Swamp
- Sept 19 Tunnel to Towers 5K
- $10 T-shirts are for sale “Walker STRONG” to help with medical costs. (Email [email protected] with name, email, address, # of t-shirts and sizes. Go to Paypal and pay to [email protected] Use Family/friends as a gift to avoid paypal fees.) Sizes are Youth S, M, L, XL and Adult S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL…. First order is placed THIS FRIDAY!
- Recurring 2nd F Lunch every Friday at Salsarita’s 11:45am in Lexington. Fast Casual owns/operates this fine establishment and has graciously decided to donate 15% of all sales for those who say “F3” when ordering to the Phillips family to help with medical costs. TCLAPS to Fast Casual!
- Half Marathon training runs will be starting soon. Stay tuned!