8 faithful posted in the humidity that is summer gloom in Columbia for another Wednesday installment of 7-mile #Ramble – also known as the new normal. Traitor’s duties as QIC continued as he led the pax on a hilly out and back around Forest Lake and to Forest Lake Elementary. This was a challenging yet fun course and all 8 are better for it.
Conditions: 75 and 100% humidity
- Turn right onto Trenholm out of KBC parking lot
- Turn right onto Forest Drive
- Turn left onto Lakeshore Drive
- Turn left onto Eastshore Road
- Follow Eastshore to Wedgefield Road (Forest Lake Elementary School) and return back to KBC
Total Distance = 7.2 miles
BOM-Closed out by Traitor
- This morning was not short on excitement. We had Sketch take a wrong turn (he eventually made it safely to COT), an early encounter with the Wednesday BRR hill gang (no, Crash, our exchange at Trenholm and Forest does NOT count as your #Ramble post), and an elderly lady prepared to defend herself with her cane as OC closed in on her morning walk. You never know what you might encounter in the gloom which is reason number 1,001 to keep posting.
- Nice work by Dos finishing out the run despite rubbing his toes raw.
- Great pace by Gump and OC closing out the 7th mile.
- Don’t miss the conclusion of the #weekoftraitor tomorrow when he handles the devotional at #Thunder.
- The Fall MudRun October 4th. The deadline for registration is July 15th but go ahead and get your HC in. Check out the Preblast for details.
- F3Florence is running well but we could use a few more guys for the road trip this Saturday. That means YOU. #PayItForward #PayItBack.
- Downtown guys – please reference the #Cottonmouth preblast and HC. You are substantially outnumbered by our friends west of the river. This is a can’t-miss event. Preblast here: #Cottonmouth