3 faithful arrived in the less cool than yesterday gloom for a Friday #Amble jaunt. The normal 5-6 mile Fridays have been temporarily replaced with 4-4.5 mile runs in light of the cresting Governor’s Cup Half Marathon long training runs. Today’s route featured a return to the Gregg Park lollipop that all seem to enjoy.
Conditions: 48 degrees with 72% relative humidity
4 mile loop through and around Gregg Park: Depart KBC down Carter Hill and turn right on Woodlake. Follow to Trenholm and turn right. Continue down Trenholm to Trenholm Plaza turning right at the Bank of America stop light and proceeding down and behind the shopping center to the Starbucks parking lot and out onto Forest Drive. Turn right onto Forest Drive and make another right into Gregg Park’s gated entrance which is closed at that time of the morning. Tiptoe around the right brick column and over the tree roots onto Gregg Parkway followed by a right onto Alexander Circle. Take the circle all the way around and back home the same way as out.
- Ships Passing in the Night: our 3 Amigos were pleasantly surprised that the timing actually worked out to bump into our 8 Half-Marathoners as they completed their 13.1 training run. The encounter was at the intersection of Carter Hill and Quail Lane. Strong work, gentlemen. Others will complete the 13.1 mile run either tomorrow morning (#theultimatedoubledown) at 5:00 AM prior to the convergence workout or Sunday morning prior to church. Please reference the pre-blast here for further details: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/24/governors-cup-half-marathon-training-13-1-mile-pre-blast-1025-1027/. Please communicate with Chaser on when you might take in this run so he can have water out for you at his home (roughly the halfway point).
– The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge began October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
– The F3Columbia Pull-Up Challenge also launched October 14 with the goal of increasing everyone’s upper body strength. This is a must for the Spring Mud Run. Please check out the pre-blast here: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/14/preblast-f3columbia-daily-pull-up-challenge/
– Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. If you ordered a T-shirt, make sure to get it from Sway and plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event. There is also an #UltimateDoubleDown opportunity on the 26th. If you are training for the Governor’s Cup Half-Marathon you know the 26th is the day you are supposed to run 13.1 miles. So, if you simply cannot allow yourself to miss either workout, you are invited to do both. The group will depart ~5:00 AM to give time to complete the 13.1 before invading Finlay Park for the Convergence workout. #CSAUP
– We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
– Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong downtown contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.
– Governor’s Cup training continues this week with the LAST long run of 13 miles. Multiple options for getting this in either Sunday or the #UltimateDoubleDown mentioned above. For more details look for the Preblast:http://f3nation.com/2013/10/24/governors-cup-half-marathon-training-13-1-mile-pre-blast-1025-1027/