22 Pax posted this morning to see what the advertised new route would be. When YHC took out a weinke to go over the route, eyes rolled. YHC insisted that he just couldn’t remember the names of the streets and needed a reminder. The route itself was pretty easy to remember. Just a few rights and a few lefts. It was suggested that we run in pairs so we don’t get lost. YHC is pleased to announce that no one got lost.
Weather: 72 degrees and humid
Disclaimer…Go over route…Count off
Make a left out of the church parking lot onto N. Lake Drive and proceed ½ mile. Take a left onto Whiteford Way. Make a right onto Parkhurst Lane (this is a dead end). Run down and back. Make a right back onto Whiteford Way. Continue to Silverstone and run to end. Make a left onto Saddlebrook Road. At roundabout, make right back onto Whiteford Way. Run to top of hill and make right onto Laryn. This is a loop. Run the loop and back out to Whiteford Way. Make a left. Run back down to N. Lake Drive. Make a right. Finish back at church. Route distance was 4.7 miles.
YHC wanted to provide a fresh route for the pax. We have run through Whiteford several times but not on all these roads. A few pax put in a little extra for a little over 5 miles. Some of the “new” runners shortened the route and put in maximum effort which is what is great about this group. With increasing numbers, there is always some at your pace to run with. Is it possible for a running group to become problematic? If these numbers stay consistent, maybe so.
- Thirsty Thursday, July 2nd, 5:30pm at Keg Cowboy on Main Street.
- First Friday Fathers, July 3rd, 7:00am-7:30am – Graveyard, Shawshank, Turning Point.
- Convergence at Turning Point on July 4th. All other AO’s closed.
- GRC and GRL, July 10th and 11th.
- 8/1 – Sweet Baby O 5K. Register here.
- Stomp The Swamp 5k @ River Bluff High School on August 29th. There will be a special “Double Down” medal to anyone completing a F3 Workout and the 5k. A code to enter when you sign up online. More details coming soon.
- Blue Ridge Relay, September 11-12
- Lexington 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon in November 2015.
- Walker Phillips.
- Mayhem (Back issues)