This month has been slated as our homecoming month, encouraging former AOQs and Nantans and whoever to come lead the guys. I figured it wouldn’t be a true homecoming if the PVC pipes didn’t make an appearance. So I signed up, threw the toys in the car, and made it happen.
Weather was great. A little chilly at first but that didn’t last long.
1 minute warning, disclaimer, prayer, everyone set your clocks to 5:15 as Slumlord wheeled in right on time!
We did a running warmup so that we could have more time on the routine. Running warmup consisted of:
- Butt kicks
- High knees
- Run backwards
- Running Michael Phelps
- Running Raise the Roofs
We arrived at the breezeway behind the school where things were set up. This was a replay of my first Q, which has been replayed and tweaked several times over the years…
As many laps as you can do starting at the lower end of the breezeway (cone 1) going up to the upper end (cone 5) and back down. Each lap you increased the inside reps based on the lap you were on, and start decreasing the reps after the 5th lap…
- Cone 1 – always do 3 BURPEES (start, finish, always 3)
- Cone 2 – do “lap x 2” STANDING LUNGES on each leg (aka, two count)
- Cone 3 – do “lap x 2” PVC MERKINS on each hand (aka, two count)
- Cone 4 – do “lap x 2” BIG BOY SITUPS
- Cone 5 – always do 3 BURPEES and turn around
The “fast pass” coupons were in play. This allowed you to take a coupon from one end to the other, while bypassing the reps in the middle. You still did the burpees at the ends. Coupons this time were:
- 50# Sandbag Carry (overhead, on your shoulder, just get it there)
- Rings of Fire (2 rings attached to 45# plates, farmer’s carry)
Music today was provide by 80’s big hair bands. A couple guys got 9 rounds in (up and down the ladder). Everyone pushed themselves!!!
Here are the counts if you did all the reps (aka – no fast pass)…
|Round||Cone 1||Cone 2||Cone 3||Cone 4||Cone 5|
|Burpees||Alternating Lunges||Alternating PVC Merkins||BBSUs||Burpees|
|(200 total)||(200 total)|
With time running out, we wrapped things up and got back to the shovelflag just in time.
- 5/21 – Hollow Party (at iMom’s)
- Cramps – grandmom
- Cramps – coworker
- Law enforcement
- PAX going through treatment (Notebook, No Show)
- PAX injured or MIA (reach out to those who have been missing)