Conditions: 68 degress, clear sky and a little dew on the grass. Not too bad.
YHC agreed to Q at Shawshank in return for F3-Soaker’s guest Q at SnakePit earlier this year. I had pulled out a flag themed workout in honor of the 4th of July holiday, but became worried when no flag was posted with 2 minutes to start. Luckily, YHC had the Serpent flag in the truck and pulled it out.
- Through the Tunnel, (13 IC in honor of the 13 stripes on the flag)
- Side Straddle Hop (50 IC in honor of the 50 stars on the flag)
- Windmill (13 IC)
- Flutterkicks (50 IC – The PAX caught on to the pattern very quickly, although Dunphy noted I didn’t take into account the US Territories….)
YHC has only worked out at Shawshank during the Gauntlet visits, so didn’t know where the block pile was, so asked someone to lead us to it. Dunphy took off and from the mumblechatter it was apparent he was taking the long way there trying to avoid the workout. After a short mosey we arrived at the blocks and the PAX each took one and circled up again. The plan was to spell out GOD BLESS AMERICA with exercises. So, the 13/50 routine continued something like this:
- Gas Pumps – 13 IC
- Lunge out onto the field 50 paces with the block. The PAX wanted to know how the “L” fit in after the “G” in God Bless America. YHC didn’t expect this and had to explain away that the 50 rep exercises were ignored in the sequence.
- Overhead Clap – 13 IC
- Overhead carry back to near the block pile
- Dolly – 13 IC
- Bear Crawl 25 paces out and 25 paces back for 50 paces.
- Burpees – 13 IC
- Mosey without the block 25 paces and return for 50 paces total.
- LBC’s – 13 IC
- Walk without the block 25 paces and return for 50 paces total.
- E2K – 13 OYO each leg
- Lunge 50 paces with the block.
- Squats with the block – 13 IC
- Overhead carry back to near the block pile.
- Smurf Jacks – 13 IC
- Bear Crawl 25 paces out and 25 paces back for a total of 50 paces.
- American Hammer – 13 IC
- Mosey out 25 paces and return for a total of 50 paces.
- Merkin – 13 IC
- Walk out 25 paces and return for a total of 50 paces.
- Elf on the Shelf – 13 total lifts of the block OYO
- Lunge out 50 paces with the block.
- Rosalitas – 13 IC
- YHC sensed we were getting short on time, so we did the overhead carry back to the block pile and put up the blocks.
- Imperial Walker – 13 IC walking toward the gate.
- YHC then asked the PAX to lead us back to the bridge so we could do a Bear Crawl across it. We were supposed to do the Curls for the “C”, but without the blocks YHC had to improvise, so we paused the mosey and did….
- Carolina Dry Docks – 13 IC
- Got to the head of the bridge and did the final “A”
- Alternating Shoulder Taps – 13 IC
- Bear Crawl the 50 paces across the bridge for a great finale!
- Stomp the Swamp – Sponsors needed – August 21st, River Bluff HS
- Saturday pool party at Vintner’s Wood Clubhouse – 2:00 pm?
- No Help shoulder surgery today.
- NoShow good reports after surgery.
- Olivia who died in car accident.
- Breakfast Club.
Pledge of Allegience