Disclaimer: This backblast is written by Meatball on behalf of Nightmare.
17 Pax posted this morning for what turned out to be a special day at Crusade. Treadmill stopped by on his way to #Anchor to present the Crusade pax with the Shovel Flag. A special thanks to him for making Crusade feel official now. Also, today was Nightmare’s VQ. Nightmare stepped up when YHC asked for some new leaders. Great job this morning and thank you for selecting a nice hilly run in the morning heat. Guess he thought it was easy as he wore his weighted vest.
Conditions: Around 80 and humid.
Disclaimer, count off, go over route.
Make a left out of the church and head down N. Lake Drive. Make a left onto Old Cherokee. Run up and make a left into Benton Creek neighborhood (Plantation Drive). Make a right onto Appalachian Trail. Take second left back onto Plantation Drive and head back out to Old Cherokee. Run back down hill and make right onto N. Lake Drive. Head back to church. Note: A few pax also added in the Hammock Drive dead end for added mileage.
- Dang 5K this Friday, June 26th. Meet on Lexington side of the dam at 5:15am.
- The Crucible, June 27th – View Preblast. Looking for volunteers. Please let Meatball or Field Goal know if you can help out.
- First Friday Fathers, July 3rd, 7:00am-7:30am – Graveyard, Shawshank, Turning Point
- Convergence at Turning Point on July 4th. All other AO’s closed.
- GRC and GRL, July 10th and 11th.
- 8/1 – Sweet Baby O 5K. Register here.
- Stomp The Swamp 5k @ River Bluff High School on August 29th. There will be a special “Double Down” medal to anyone completing a F3 Workout and the 5k. A code to enter when you sign up online. More details coming soon.
- Blue Ridge Relay, September 11-12
- Lexington 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon in November 2015.
- Walker Phillips.
- Families in Charleston.