Written by CANDYSTRIPE
10 pax at Turning Point this AM for YHC Boot Camp VQ. Fooseball was the underlying theme with great effort from Tha PAX. proof that not all TP workouts involve repeated elevation changes. Mumble chatter was moderate today or was I just to gassed to hear it? Big Thanks to all the PAX that posted today to support the VQ. #personal growth #getting better.
Mosey to track for Native American run
line leader transfers football to man behind him, continuing until ball moves to last man in line, then sprint to front of the linerinse and repeat for 1/2 mile.
Mosey to field for COP
- SSH x 25 IC
- TTT x 20 IC
- SM Derkin x10 IC
- WM x20 IC
- SM Serkin x10 IC
- LBC x25 IC
- SM Werkin x10 IC
Mosey to End of the field near “The Hill” for debut of The Sack of love. Sorry boys YHC’s carry over from last nights anniversary with the M.
First Heart pulled out of the sack of love is the exercise, second heart determines the mode of return to the start line. Markers set up in 10 yard intervals. one PAX punts the ball and all PAX sprint to ball and perform the # of reps OYO corresponding to the yard marker. when complete, Pax return to start line by way of the second heart and plank till all are done.
exercises included= Mountain Climbers, squat jumps, flutter kicks, BB sit ups, Burpies, and Merkins
mode of return to start line included= crab walk, bear crawl, frog hop, prisoner lunge, inch worm, and Whoa Joes
Crowd pleasers included the 60 yard bear crawl and the 20 yard inch worm
Mosey to the Bricks
- Curls for the girls x 20 IC
- Stationary Lunges with at twist x20 IC, you know you likes it
- Triceps Press x 20 IC
- one legged bent over rows x 20 IC (10 on each leg), a Spike in mumble chatter was noted at this point.
- Squat x 20 IC and return bricks to the pile
Mosey to a shady spot and assemble for a practice attempt of the “PAXPEDE?” to prep for GORUCK.
PAX form a staright line face down on the ground with their feet on the shoulders of another PAX. push up on command and down on command. Results: personal space was at a premium, assembly time was longer than expected, approximately 5 to 6 reps completed prior to collapse of the “PEDE”, Treadmills head slightly narrower due to the compression applied to it by YHC’s legs during the exercise, learned the advantage of pushing up as a unit to bear the weight of the PAX evenly. Good Job PAX persevering through this one.
Up, Downs on the whistle. perform high knees while waiting, one whistle drop and get up, two whistles jog to next cone, three whistles Halt and recover. first two cones worked well, then whistle positioning became an issue as deep breaths would lead to a confusing short whistle but mumble chatter did spike at this point so memories where made and bodies were dirtied.
Mosey to steps
hop up the steps on the right side and plank walk down one landing (crowd pleaser) then return to bottom of steps OYO. plank at the bottom till all are done.
Mosey to courtyard for Peoples Chair and then Circle up for Mary
- Musical People’s chair for 2 minute alternating arm positions related to song lyrics butchered by YHC.
- Russian Twists x20 IC
- Heal touches (shoulders up, isolate the abs)x20 IC
- Flutter Kicks x 20 IC
COT & BOM
Devo: Acts 9:10-16
Responding to the call of the Lord when it is not an easy assignment.
- Tunnel to Towers 5K – September 19
- Mud Run Registration is still open for 10/4 – you can do it!http://f3nation.com/2014/06/11/mudrun-fall-2014-registration-is-live/
- Go Ruck – November 21 – taking HC now for waiting list that could become a HC list very soon.
- Recurring 2nd F Lunch every Friday at Salsarita’s 11:45am in Lexington. Fast Casual, owner/operator and fellow F3 brother, is donating 15% of all sales for those who say “F3″ when ordering to the Phillips family to help with medical costs. Tclaps to him for this 3rd F opportunity. we only had 2 last Friday not including the “staff” but it was a good time to Fellowship and learn more about my brother.
- the Bickley family (lost of child)
- Walker Philips and family