10 pax rose early in the dark for a long #Amble Friday. After several trips across Trenholm Road, the long run of the morning was a comfortable return to our old stomping grounds around Lake Katherine. 5 miles at a strong pace for all comers.
Conditions: 75 degrees, 88% humidity
5 Mile loop around Lake Katherine, part out and back, part loop as follows: Exiting KBC head downhill on Forest Ridge to Quail taking a left hand turn and running to the end of Quail at Shady Lane. Turn right on Shady and run the length to Kilbourne. Uphill on Kilbourne to the right turn onto Sanford and again right onto Kathwood. Run Kathwood all the way down, past where it joins with Woodlake back to Shady Lane. This time turn left on Shady back up toward the corner of Shady and Quail for the return to KBC by way of Forest Ridge.
As MapMyRun has served our group well, if you’re interested in checking out our runs, today’s route can be seen here and most of our courses can be found by going to MapMyRun.com and doing a search for F3 Amble.
- Strong work by the pax this morning many of whom are rapidly improving their pace on these longer runs. Several kept the same pace this morning that they had for Wednesday’s 5K.
- Welcome Patch… soon to be leaving us for the Charlotte/Davidson area. Pdiddy, if you’re out there, and the rest of F3Davidson, keep your eyes open for our newest FNG soon to be moving to your backyard.
- Bonus video and segment last night on WIS. Big thank you, again, to F3 Ron Burgundy @BenHoover and @JudiGatson for their support. Date and time for tomorrow’s State House #Convergence was posted for all the world so come on out tomorrow and see what kind of numbers we can post.
- #Convergence at the State House this Saturday, July 20th. Park at Senate and Marion streets at 6:50 in preparation for the 7:00 am launch. There’s a chance of more cameras so wear some F3 Gear if you’ve got it. Beltline Lizards Thicket after. #April.
- Irmo launches Saturday, August 3rd — promote to your friends in the area, and we will need a handful of guys to go to Irmo that day. Response has been very good so far. If you’re EH’ing someone our recent WIS fame is a good start and can be seen again through the F3 web page.
- Hot Summer Night 5K evening of August 3rd. #DoubleDown. Register at strictlyrunning.com and wear your gear.
- Robber has arranged a kettlebell instructor scheduled at #Brickpile for Tuesday, July 30th. Bring your KB if you have one ‘though a few will be available to borrow that morning. More to follow.
- Monday/Wednesday bootcamp starts July 29th at #Brickpile (Dreher HS). Attend whichever days you like. Roscoe has Q. #Amble will continue to also meet M/W/F so you have options.