8 pax posted to our #Amble Monday track meet expecting another blazing session around the Owens Field track. With logistics completely upside down thanks to this past weekend’s Fall Mud Run YHC became QIC yesterday evening. After initial thoughts of a third installment of the football conditioning test the final plan took us on our first track field trip as we revisited the early days of #Amble with a day of race-paced hill repeats. With the hills on the Governor’s Cup Half Marathon looming this workout was just what the doctor ordered.
Conditions: 66 degrees with 88% relative humidity
- 3 warm-up laps around the track then exit the facility turning right onto Jim Hamilton and left onto Airport. Stop and gather at the street light just past City Roots. Run hill repeats up Airport turning left onto Holly before cresting at the intersection of Holly and Montgomery (~0.45 mile). Rinse and repeat AMRAP until ~6:20ish. Most pax ran this cycle 4 times with 2 running it 5 times. Return to the track and run 1 cool-down lap.
- Total Distance: Those running the cycle 4 times – ~4.6 miles with 1.8 miles of hill work
- Total Distance: Those running the cycle 5 times – ~5.5 miles with 2.25 miles of hill work
- T-Claps to the three Mud Run pax that came out for this morning’s workout. It hurt but was good hopping back in the saddle again.
- #Mumblechatter during the cool-down lap: “I figured we’d run some 100’s or something when we got back.” <—- not today but definitely a solid plan for future hill sessions
- YHC is taking the Spring Mud Run seriously and vows to increase pull-up capacity. As such a pull-up challenge is in the works and launching immediately. Details to follow….
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge will begin Today, October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts are expected in the coming weeks for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong downtown contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.
- Governor’s Cup training continues this week with a scheduled 12 mile run Saturday. There was some talk this morning of doing a full 13.1 Saturday and then beginning the back-down over the next couple of weekends. Talk amongst yourselves and arrive at a plan.