The Swagger Sprint took place this morning with 10 pax including 1 FNG competing to test their abilities. This workout will reoccur in the future to see a progression of work put into the run.
Conditions: 67° and 84% humidity
- Departed Blockbuster with 9 pax headed to the track at Crossroads Middle School
- Upon arrival, conducted our routine deep stretch prior to hitting the track for speed work
- Pax #10 arrived to even out the teams that would be formed for the relay
- 50 meter high knees followed by 50 meter butt kicks
- 100 meters at 80% followed by 100 meters of jog, recover
- 100 meters all you got while observing other runners to pair up with
- Running pairs were matched then counted off 1, 2 to form two-five man relay teams
- 5 x 100 meter relay for 1,600 meters
- Return to Blockbuster with the goal to have a negative split
COT and BOM
Great work by everyone who participated. One pax said this was the best speed work to date.
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge will begin Today, October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts have arrived for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event.
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong Columbia contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.