9 #faithful posted to the #gloom on a muggy Monday, our first such morning with temps hovering in the 70’s. We had a couple of non-regulars this morning thanks to Garnish and Speedo making appearances. On this humid morning our guests did everything they could to leave a mark on our hallowed AO. Half-Mile/800m speed intervals were the call. Everyone got better. Everyone was ready for it to end by the time the fifth interval was complete.
Conditions – 72 degrees, humid
Depart SPC heading east up Devine. Left on Adger, right on Cassina, left on Heathwood Circle…..stop at Devereaux.
Half-Mile Speed Intervals x 5
Turn around and run Heathwood Circle counter-clockwise. When Heathwood Circle spits you back onto Deveraux, turn left. About midway back to the start line (half way between the “circles”) is the half-mile mark. Recover from that spot back to the start (roughly half a block). Rinse & Repeat x 5.
Recovery/cooldown run back to the AO the way we came. Some pax opted for one more ~.25 mile interval on Devine Street into the AO.
COT – Closed out by SubPrmie
- The humidity is here and this morning it was met with warmer overnight lows. Get used to it….it’s only going to get worse from here.
- Intervals 3, 4, and 5 – that’s where the gettin’ better occurred. Hopefully the pax maintained their intensity through those latter reps.
- Welcome Speedo and Garnish. You guys crushed it today and are welcome anytime. Garnish mentioned this being his first non-Ramble 5K Ramble. Come on back!
- 1 Hour #theBull / #Bullseye is coming Memorial Day. Stay tuned to Twitter for details.
- #Ramble will be getting ready for the Born on the Fourth 4-Miler, July 4th. There is a relay option if interested.
- #Ramble will also be getting ready for the Hot Summer’s Night 5K, August 4th. Party at Promo’s immediately following – this is always a great time