The time is near. The 2021 Cottonmouth is next weekend and it’s time to announce the teams and other details before the challenge ensues.
- Date: Saturday, March 13, 2021
- Time: The event will begin at 8:00 am sharp. Please arrive early and organize into your teams.
- Where: Dreher Island State Park, 3677 State Park Road, Prosperity
- Meeting Spot: Community Building (off White Oak Lane)
- Teams are listed below. Note – We expect a ridiculous amount of mumblechatter and trash talking in anticipation of Saturday.
|Team 1||Team 2||Team 3|
|Slate||Buddy Love||Soccer Mom|
|Skunky||Jazz Hands||Puddin Pop|
|Mud Dawg||Biggie Smalls||Breakfast Club|
|TBD (Photo)||Speedo (Photo)||Moose (Photo)|
WHAT TO BRING/EXPECT
- Bring Gloves.
- When you arrive, please tell the guard that you are with the F3, and then proceed to the Community Building.
- Weather – The temperature at the start is currently projected to be 60 degrees.
- COVID – Though not required, if you wish to participate with a mask, or wear a mask while you are engaging in 2nd F, please do so. The event is set-up so as to prevent any indoors gathering.
- Length – The event is set at 5.5 miles. A member(s) from the planning team will guide you through the event (and participate).
- Water. We will supply some water on the course, but we would encourage you to bring your own.
- Speaking of water, it is possible your feet may get wet, so plan accordingly. We are at the lake after all.
- Start will be staggered, i.e. one team will start at 8:20, one at 8:40, one at 9am. That will be decided upon arrival.
- We anticipate the event will take 2 hours, so you should be done by 11am.
- This is a race, although the team who works the smartest and not necessarily the hardest will probably win. I do not expect there to be much running.
- Like 2020, each team will be provided certain supplies you will to complete the event. You will not know the nature of these items until the morning of the event.
- FINALLY, there is still time to HC and EH, so let me know if you still wish to participate.
I would personally like to thank all of those who have helped put this together, including but not limited to Enos, Fiji, Smithers, Bud, Lapdog, Soccer Mom and Skunky.
Are you ready?