Happy Holidays F3 Lake Murray!
After a few years hibernating F3 Lake Murray has awoken the Cottonmouth. On 2/29/20, Leap Day, Cottonmouth 2.0 will be held at the Harbison State Forest. Tentative launch is 6:00 am, with the event being completed by 11:00 am. This event will hopefully produce the perfect mixture of 1st F nonsense and 2nd F enjoyment. Initially, this event is open to F3LM only, but our goal is to open this to all F3Midlands pax, should there be interest.
Due to the nature of the event, some of the details will remain confidential until the morning of the event. However, here are some details we can disclose:
- When: 2/29/20 at 6am.
- Where: Harbison State Forest
- Format: Scavenger Hunt.
- When you arrive at HSF, you will be randomly placed on a team. Each team will consist of a cross-section of the represented AOs across the Region(s).
- Each team will have to locate certain points and then complete certain tasks at each point. The team who completes all tasks first and returns to the start will be the winner. Sounds simple? It’s not.
- This is not a ruck event. You are welcome to wear a ruck, but it’s not necessary or suggested.
- The estimated distance to be covered is 10-12 miles. However, it will be up to each team to stay within this distance.
- A team captain will be appointed to lead the team. Details about the responsibilities of the team leader will be provided at a later date.
- Each pax will need either a headlamp or flashlight. Each pax is welcome to bring water, but we will also have water available on the course.
- The cost will be minimal, i.e. $15 or less, and this will only go to cover parking at the HSF, some of the items needed, and possibly a donation to a charity of our choosing.
- Each team will be provided certain supplies you will to complete the event. You will not know the nature of these items until the morning of the event.
So, what do we need from you at this point? Well it’s simple. We need you to HC, and recruit others to HC. This is the perfect event to bring a FNG to, or someone new to F3.
Note: T-Claps to those planning this event. Their time and effort is much appreciated.
Are you ready?