12 pax posted this morning for some betterment. Always a great feeling watching guys getting out there pushing themselves and each other. Speedwork isn’t supposed to be easy and today was no exception. Here’s what happened:
Conditions: 74 degrees, 100% humidity
Circle up for COP
SSH x 10 IC
TTT x 10 IC
Mosey to the track
100 meter skipping for height followed by 300 meter warm up mosey.
600 meters at 5k pace with 200 meter recovery x 6
400 meter all you got followed by 400 meter recovery.
Mosey back to the shovel flag.
– I’m 100% confident that everyone ran faster than their 5k suggested pace.
– Wee Wee and Gravedigger ran really really fast. Smart on their part, they got a longer recovery.
– 600s sound easier than they are.
– 8/25 Stomp the Swamp 5k at RBHS
– 8/21 Prayer walk at LHS. Meet at stairs at 4:30am.
– 9/7-9/8 Blue Ridge Relay
– Looking for Mentors for the new school year. Reach out to Ken Doll if you feel led. You won’t be disappointed!!
– Wee Wee’s brother just deployed for 9 months. Location unknown.
– Teachers/Faculty/Students returning to school tomorrow.