14 Pax posted for a 4 year celebration of the Kamikaze. YHC posted at TheBull for the first time on Memorial Day in 2014. A couple weeks later, Treadmill launches TurningPoint with his dauntless dive bombers. These 2 workouts have inspiration to YHCs 2nd Q, which is what became known at The Kamikaze. Only thing missing today was bricks. The next Kamikaze will be on July 3rd.
Conditions: Pleasant and breezy
Disclaimer / Prayer
Mozey from the parking lot, down the hill to the far left corner.
Scoring is 40 pts per lap, plus 1 pt per pound of weight. Partial Credit awarded for completed portions of the lap as shown below.
- Sprint up Hill (0.05) – 11 Merkins (0.10)
- Run Down (0.15) – 11 BBSU (0.20)
- Bear Crawl Up Hill (0.25) – 11 Merkins (0.30)
- Jog Down Hill (0.35) – 11 BBSU (0.40)
- Bunny Hop up Steps (0.45) – 11 Merkins (0.50)
- Jog down hill (0.55) – 11 BBSU (0.60)
- Sprint up Hill to the lightpole (0.65) – 11 Merkins (0.70)
- Fast mozey down long Ramp (0.75) – 11 BBSU (0.80)
- Mozey to Blue Jungle Gym (0.85) – 11 Pullups or 11 Body weight rows (0.90)
- Mozey to Track (0.95) – 11 Lunges each leg (1.00)
- Mozey back to hill, recover as needed
Rinse and Repeat for 33 minutes, increasing reps by 1 each lap.
Results are posted Here.
#TClaps to FryDaddy and PickAxe for Most points (200) and Most Laps (5).
- For the merkin/BBSU count per lap completed
- Lap 1 = 44
- Lap 2 = 92
- Lap 3 = 144
- Lap 4 = 200
- Lap 5 = 260
- Lap 6 = 324
- Lap 7 = 392
- Radio Silence
- 6/20 – Runvergence at Stride
- 8/4 – Sweet Baby O 5k
- 8/25 – Stomp the Swamp 5k
- 11/10 – Cheech 10K
- Matlocks Daughter
- William Anderson
- traveling Pax DR
- Double Fault and Boris – injuries
Devo: 365 Days
June 2017 left a huge impact on YHC, both positive and negative. After multiple weeks absent from the gloom (and multiple texts and DMs from Cheech), YHC decided on 6/12/17 to recommit to posting . Since then YHC has registered 263 workouts, exceeding the goal of 250 in 12 months.
Thankfully YHC has been able to remain steady and healthy, but also had the support of a group of pax for ISI in a regular basis.
Takeaway – don’t wait for New Years on a new month to start working towards your goals. Start today – 365 days from now you will be glad you did.