Two cars were parking as I called the one minute warning (we of course waited on them before getting things started). But as they walked up we noticed one was pushing something. I thought it was a dolly at first. Then someone mentioned a stroller. Sure enough Fezzik brought his 2.0, who became our designated cheerleader for the workout. Well she didn’t really cheer but she did bring some entertainment. We soon realized she was having a better time out there than we were. T-claps to Fezzik for going above and beyond to get out there with us.
Today was a re-cycled block workout I’ve done before. It took me a few Qs to get the reps count right so that we finish all the rounds in 45 minutes. Today was no exception as the pax worked hard to make up for a slight late start.
Weather was nice, clear sky. 1 for StrideLite and 1 for RuckLite.
1 minute warning, no FNGs, disclaimer, prayer.
We warmed up with some 4-count exercises…
- 20x SSHs
- 20x TTTs
- 20x Mtn Climbers
- 20x LBCs
Then we each grabbed a block and grabbed a partner for…
Round 1 – Partner A performs “two block” exercises while Partner B runs to the crosswalk, does 3x Jump Squats (~35m) , continues to the cone (+~15m), turns around, runs back to the crosswalk, does 3x Jump Squats, and runs back. Flapjack until these amount of team reps were completed:
- 80x BLOCK MERKINs (left hand on ground while right on block, merkin, both hands on blocks, merkin, left hand on block while right on ground, merkin, keep going back-n-forth)
- 160x BLOCK SHRUGs
- 240x BLOCK DIPs
Round 2 – Partner A performs “one block” exercises while Partner B carries one block to the cone and back, alternating shoulders to and from. Flapjack until these amount of team reps were completed:
- 60x BLOCK THRUSTERs
- 120x CFTGs
- 180x BENT OVER ROWs
Round 3 – Partner A performs “zero block” exercises while Partner B Farmer Carries two blocks to the cone and back. Flapjack until these amount of team reps were completed:
- 40x BURPEEs
- 80x LBCs
- 120x AIR SQUATs
Blocks were returned and we finished with the Count-o-rama, Name-o-rama, Announcement, Praise Prayer.
- 9/27/18 – this Thursday, The Stand will converge at Snakepit
- 9/27/18 – this Thursday, Rocking Chair 60th Birthday Q at Crypt (5:15am)
- 9/28/18 – this weekend, GR Tough in Myrtle (several Lex guys going)
- 10/5/18 – next weekend, GR Tough in Charleston (several Lex guys going)
- 11/10/18 – Cheech 10k
- 12/14/2018 – Christmas party
- 6 Foot Under… had an AC problem this weekend, Chin Strap got him going on Monday
- Flood victims, first responders
- Brainiac recovery
- Katniss unspoken