12 Days of Christmas is a popular workout routine this time of year. So that is what we did. Except we spun it around and did it backwards. Why, you ask? More reps! So…
- 1 minute warning, no FNGs, disclaimer, quick prayer
Take a step back to enlarge the circle and warmup with…
- 12x SSHs IC
- 12x TTTs IC
- 12x SumoSquats IC
Go grab a block and meet up under the only light shining on campus this morning. YHC explained Christmas of Days 12 but didn’t reveal why we worked our way from 12 to 1 (instead of 1 to 12). That came later at the COT. We turned on some tunes by ZZ Top – our 3 wise men for today.
- Christmas of Days 12
- Day 12 we did… 12
- Day 11 we did… 12, 11
- Day 1 we did… 12, 11, … , 1
using these exercises…
|Day||Exercise||Christmas of Days 12||12 Days of Christmas|
|9||Feet In Block BBSUs||81||36|
|8||Up ‘n Over Block Merkins||64||40|
|7||Toilet Seat Squats||49||42|
|5||Block Jump Burpees||25||40|
|4||Elf on the Shelf||16||36|
|3||Incline Diamond Merkins||9||30|
|2||Minutes of 6″||4||22|
|1||Lap around PL||1||12|
|total reps >>>||650||364|
So you see working backwards is quite a few more reps. YHC can be tricky that way.
- Friday, 12/24/21 – Nativity Ruck, starts at 5, at Urban Legend
- Saturday, 12/25/21 – The Hollow is closed for Christmas
- next Saturday, 1/1/22 – Convergence at RBHS
- thru January – Soles for Souls, shoe collection
- February – Dam2Dam
- Kenwood’s dad – hope to get him home from hospital before Christmas
- Safe holiday, safe travels
- Frizzle, wife’s grandma, fractured hip
- Where was the AOQ?
- Slumlord helped out with the ShovelFlag – remember size really doesn’t matter!
- Good mumblechatter by the group. At least in between all the counting!