This was my second visit to The Arena (the first being the launch a couple weeks ago). So I took some time Sunday to do some recon and found the stash of blocks and bricks. I figured I’d put them to good use. 3 pax arrived early for a breezy but pleasant out-n-back 5K route. The remaining 8 pax arrived mostly on time – mostly. As the last car was parking, we kicked things off.
Weather: clear sky, damp ground, a lil nip in the air, just right for some F3!
One minute warning (and glove warning). Intro. No FNGs. Disclaimer. Prayer.
Mosey to the grassy area by the school which was smaller that I thought, so continue to mosey into the playground area. The warm-up consisted of…
- 20x SSHs IC
- 2 TURKISH GETUPs, alternating arms, by Shovel Flag request
- 20x IMPERIAL WALKERs IC
- 4 TURKISH GETUPs, alternating arms, by Shovel Flag request
- 20x AIR SQUATs IC
- 6 TURKISH GETUPs, alternating arms, by Shovel Flag request
- 20x LBCs IC
- 8 TURKISH GETUPs, alternating arms, by Shovel Flag request
Mosey to the block pile, grab one block each, continue to the basketball courts in the back. Find a partner. There are two courts lined up end to end. We started at one end where the exercises were performed by Partner 1. We used the length of the two courts (about 200 ft) for the Partner 2 exercise.
ROUND 1: Partner 1 does the exercise. Partner 2 runs to the far end of the second court, stopping each direction midway for 1 BURPEE. Partners FlapJack until the total exercises are completed:
- 100 BLOCK MERKINs – Lay blocks shoulder width apart. Left hand on ground, right hand on block, do 1st MERKIN, shift right so both hands are on blocks, do 2nd MERKIN, shift right so right hand is on ground and left hand is on block, do 3rd MERKIN, shift left, etc. etc. etc.
- 200 BLOCK SHRUGs – Standing, one block each hand, shrug shoulders.
- 300 DIPs – Lay or stand bricks on ground, sit it middle, do dips.
ROUND 2: Partner 1 does exercise. Partner 2 carries 1 block overhead to second court’s mid-court, then back on shoulder. Partners FlapJack until the total exercises are completed:
- 50 BLOCK SQUATs – hold block in front, on shoulder, whatever, do a squat.
- 100 OVERHEAD PRESSes – now I know you know what that is.
- 150 BENT OVER ROWs – are you still reading these descriptions?
ROUND 3: With time running out… Partner 1 does BBSUs. Partner 2 FARMER CARRIES both blocks the length of both courts. FlapJack. Repeat, but shorten carry to end of first court.
Grab the blocks and get them back to the pile. Mosey back to the virtual shovel flag for the announcements, prayers request, and prayer.
- This weekend – Saluda Shoals run, Speed For Need chair will be there
- 11/11/2017 – Cheech 10K
- See other backblasts
- Quest will be collecting for Families Helping Families soon. Details forthcoming.
- Dandelion – M scheduled to deliver on Friday.