Conditions: A muggy 73 degrees, perfect for working up a sweat.
Warmup: Walk to the bus circle for some warmup exercises. With only 4 repetitions of 4 count exercises, YHC had 15 exercises on the Weinke, but after adding the burpees, stopped at 10 for the warmup… we’ll come back to that though.
- Through the Tunnel – 1 Burpee
- Windmill – 2 Burpees
- Side Straddle Hop – 3 Burpees
- Little Baby Arm Circles, 4 fwd, 4 reverse – 4 Burpees
- Overhead Clap – 5 Burpees
- Imperial Walker – 6 Burpees
- Turn & Bounce (8 count) – 7 Burpees
- Squats – 8 Burpees
- Flutterkicks – 9 Burpees
- American Hammer – 10 Burpees
YHC was out of breath so delayed the next 5 exercises for later in the BC.
Workout: Walk to the block pile and pick up a coupon, then walk down to the middle of the hill near the end of the fence for some hill climbing.
Round 1: Arms and Legs – 4 x 4 count Curls for the Girls at the bottom of the hill, bear crawl to the top of the hill, then 4 x 4 count calf raises at the top of the hill. Walk to bottom of hill, plank for six.
Round 2: Abs – 4 x 4 count BBSU at the bottom, bear crawl to top, 4 x 4 count American Hammers at the top. Walk to bottom, plank for six.
Round 3: Arms and Legs – 4 x 4 count Overhead Presses at the bottom, bear crawl to top, 4 x 4 count calf raises, toes together, heels apart. Walk to bottom, plank for six.
Round 4: Abs – 4 x 4 count Flutterkicks at the bottom, bear crawl to top, 4 x 4 count Freddy Mercuries at the top. Walk to bottom, plank for six.
Round 5: Arms and Legs – 4 x 4 count Tricep Extensions at the bottom, bear crawl to top, 4 x 4 count calf raises, heels together, toes apart. Walk to bottom, plank for six.
Round 6: Abs – ABC’s block letters, all caps with legs at the bottom, bear crawl to top, 4 x 4 count LBC’s at the top. Walk to bottom, plank for six.
Round 7: Arms and Legs – 4 x 4 count Merkins at the bottom, bear crawl to top, 4 Manmakers at the top. Walk to bottom, plank for six.
Intermission: YHC was planning to Rinse and Repeat, but the bear crawls became boring, (yeah right), and the hill was getting muddy from all the activity, so I decided to circle up in the middle of the road and challenge any oncoming traffic during a short rest. To give everyone an opportunity for leading, we went around the circle and did 4 repetitions of 4 count exercises of choice. I can’t remember all the exercises, but I remember diamond merkins, squats, hillbilly’s, windmill, among others… From here we carried the blocks overhead back to the block pile calling some old army Jody’s.
Finale: The Jody’s continued back to the flag, where there were eight minutes left, so I picked up the rest of my 4 x 4 repetitions of the warmup exercises.
- Merkins – 11 Burpees (UGH!)
- BBSU (OYO, I can’t call cadence with these) – Dropped back to 10 Burpees
- LBC’s (OYO, ditto) – 5 Burpees
- Not-So-Lazy-Boys – 1 Burpee
- Inverted Superman – 1 Burpee
- Sweet Baby-O 5K, Saluda Shoals Park, Today!
- Stomp the Swamp 5K, Ruck division this year, RBHS, August 25th.
- Boneyard social at Grease Monkey’s house, Friday, Sept. 7th, 6:30 pm.
- Tunnel to Tower Run, Sept. 14th.
- Other Boneyardigans out on recovery Strom, Jaws, Grease Monkey
- Brainiac knee surgery
- Deadstick recounted his friend’s grandson’s talk at his grandpa’s funeral this past week. Tell your family and all your loved ones that you love them. Don’t hold back! You may demonstrate your love, but some people want to hear those three words.
Pledge of Allegiance
Coffeteria at Chick-Fil-A