Side Straddle Hop x 25 IC
Windmill x 20 IC
Flutter Kicks x 25 IC
Clapping Pushups x 10 OYO
Line up on sideline. Bear Crawl ¼ of way and do 10 Merkins, Army Crawl ¼ of the way and do 10 Merkins, Bear Crawl ¼ of the way and do 10 Merkins, Army Crawl ¼ of the way and do 10 Merkins.
Setup the Mission:
Break pax into groups of 4 and elect team captain. Meet with team captains and explain the mission.
Dodge moving cars and carry blocks to Ballentine Elementary. On the way at the top of Bird Road, team captain is assisted to school after “breaking their leg”. Some teams chose to carry their captain; some teams helped the captain hop to the school.
-Overhead carry block up hill. Do 20 Merkins. Walk down hill with block overhead. Pass off block to partner who will repeat. Repeat counting down to 1 Merkin. Pax not carrying will be in plank position. Time was tight, so Merkins were cut down to 10 after Pax had about 6 trips up and down the hill.
-Put block on shoulders and lunge walk up hill and farmer carry back down. Partner not carrying blocks was doing flutter kicks. Switch and repeat for 5 minutes
-Team will stand in line and move one brick up the hill passing it to each pax. When pax gets block they do 10 overhead presses and passes the block to the next person and runs up to the hill to form a chain. This is similar to the Indian run. Move both blocks up the hill.
Back to the block pile and the shovel flag.
COT – Gerrymander
BOM – Gerrymander
-Walker Strong shirts will be up for sale again. Order will be placed in a few weeks. Contact Treadmill (Turning Point AO) if you would like one. Be on the lookout on Twitter.
-Continue praying for Walker Phillips. Will be moving to a rehab hospital in Atlanta soon. Andy (NailPop) should be back in Columbia by 9/1.
-Fall Mud Run numbers exceed 600 for F3 Columbia. There is still time to sign up. You can talk to Mungo or find the information on the F3 Nation website.
– Go Ruck signups are still going on so you can get a slot. Go to F3 Nation website for info. This is a tough challenge so do your research before signing up.
– Magoo is chairing the Governor’s Cup half Marathon for F3 Columbia. They are also having an 8K if you don’t want to do the half marathon. Pre-blast is live on F3nation.com
– If you want to Q a workout in the future, please reach out to one of the regular Qs or Mungo for more details. You may want to co-Q with someone that has done it before so you get your feet wet with an experienced Q.
– Crooked 5K Run & Walk August 30 at 8:00 at Crooked Creek Park. http://www.icrc.net/walk-or-run-a-crooked-5k
– Tunnel to Towers 5K Run & Walk September 19 2 & PM http://tunnel2towers.org/event/tunnel-to-towers-5k-run-walk-south-carolina/
– Just a reminder about the other workouts going on (see F3 Nation website for more details):
– Swagger (running) on M/W at 5:30am, meet at the old Blockbuster in Irmo and on Fridays, meet at 5:30am behind the Dunkin Donuts on Lake Murray Blvd.
– Anchor (Kettle Bell workout) at the Irmo side of the Dam, near the public boat ramp. Bring one Kettle bell, 25 lb or less. Meet at 5:30am on Wednesdays.
– The Bull – Run a hill, run the stairs of a parking garage with Merkins at the top, LBC at the bottom in each of the three stairwells, then back to starting point. Do as many times as possible in 45 min, with or w/o weight belts, ruck, or vests. Mondays at 5:30 Corner of Bull and Blossom.