15 Pax converged in the #gloom of West Columbia this morning to welcome into the fold a new AO (Area of Operation…read your Lexicon). The #mumblechatter was strong at first with some wet slogging around lovely turfed ball fields. Things got quieter, however, once a hill, rocks, burpees, merkins & ants(?!) were added to the regimen. At the end of the start of the day, a new location for even more men in South Carolina to #getbetter & #bebetter was born. Welcome #Jumanji. You’re going to be awesome.
Conditions: 71 deg, 82% humid, gloomy the entire time (welcome to fall)
The Thang: Mosey around rubber track to back baseball field (butt kicks & high knees mixed in on the way)
1 partner does exercise between foul pole & light pole while the other does a suicide between the 2.
When the running partner catches up, they switch & the exerciser runs a suicide while the runner does the bear crawl (even as I write it now it sounded better in my head…#Tclaps for the Pax working through this one with me).
2nd set (between light poles): Lunges
3rd set (light pole to opposite foul pole): Bear crawls
Big Boy Situps
6 in. -> 12 in. -> Hello Dolly
With no FNG’s, we were left only to name our new AO (an honor, to be sure).
Near the Zoo -> Animals -> Running through the woods -> Jumanji
– Continue praying for Walker and follow his progress here. Nail Pop (his dad) came to town last week from Atlanta and posted at Graveyard and Strut. He was back today at Shawshank.
– Prayers for John (Bla Bla’s son) recovering from injury
– PSA from Thumbs Up: If you’re a man, 40 or over, please have your prostate checked. It’s a foolish thing not to do.
– WALKER STRONG shirts are in. Treadmill (Turning Point AO) has them. Contact him on Twitter to coordinate picking yours up
– Tunnel to Towers 5K is Friday, September 19th. Would be good to have large F3 showing for this one, men!
– Fall Mud Run numbers exceed 600 for F3 Columbia. There is still time to sign up. You can talk to AB, Ginger, Smokey or find the information on the F3 Nation website.
– Go Ruck signups are still going on so you can get a slot. Go to F3 Nation website for info. This is a tough challenge so do your research before signing up.