3 PAX awoke on All saints day with determined hearts to Post at Shawshank despite the malicious weather that was predicted. Little did they know that the beauty created on the morn would inspire their souls to complete a work out in conditions that send most men to stand next to Ferns. Truly YHC had the Q and woke up about every 2 hours to make sure he did not oversleep and miss his first traveling Q. As the snow began to accumulate I was elated to see that at least 2 other men had as much “uncommon” sense as I, and decided to prove that, with their F3 brethren.
Conditions: 36 degrees F, winds NW at 18mph, white “stuff” falling from the sky. Is it Snow or is it Manna?
Who is that and what is he doing here?
Prayer and DISClaimer
Well… maybe this will work…
- SSHx30 IC
- SLOW MO WERKINx10 IC
- FKx30 IC
- SLOW MO Merkinx10 IC
- TTTx20 IC
- SLOW MO SERKINx11 IC one extra cause forgot to change inflection on the cadence
- BBSUx20 IC
- SLOW MO DERKINx10 IC
- WMx20 IC
TIME TO PLAY IN THE SNOW! MOSEY TO THAT THERE ISLAND IN THE PARKING LOT. START AT THIS END, NEAR THIS HERE LIGHT POST, AND FINISH YOUR EXERCISE AT THE OTHER END, NEAR THAT THERE LIGHT POST PASSING THAT THERE LIGHT POST IN THE MIDDLE.
- HIGH KNEES
- BUTT KICKS
- INCH WORM MERKINS x10 (add one more merkin after each inch worm to a total of 10) sprint to the end, wait on the six.
- BURPEE BROAD JUMPSx10 sprint to the end, wait on the six.
OK… NOT THAT BROAD. AT THIS POINT, ONE OF THE THREE TOOK A BRAKE, TO SIT ON HIS KEISTER. NAMES HAVE BEEN INTENTIONALY LEFT OUT TO PROTECT ANYONES SENSITIVE SELF IMAGE, BUT LETS JUST SAY HE CAME SLIGHTLY “UNGLUED.” DO TO THE REALATIVELY LOW COEFFECIENT OF FRICTION ON THE RAPIDLY CHANGING WORKING SURFACE LETS SHORTEN UP THAT JUMP A LITTLE. THE AFORMENTIONED PAX WAS IDENTIFIED TO BE IN NORMAL WORKING ORDER AS EVIDENCED BY BOTH VERBAL AND NON VERBAL QUES. IN FACT I THINK HE KINDA LIKED IT. YHC CAN SYMPATHISE WITH THIS BRAVE SOUL, JUST ASK A CRYPT KEEPER.
PARNTER UP FOR FIREMAN CARRY
prime NUMBERS… WELL, WE WILL WORK WITH IT.
- CARRY 1 PAX IN A
ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THAT THERE LAST LIGHT POLL, THEN SWITCH EM OUT WITH A DIFFERENT PAX AND REPEAT UNTIL ALL PAX TAKE A RIDE IN THE
- WHOA JOES TO THE END, SWITCH SIDES AT MIDDLE LIGHT POLE.
- MAKE SOME LBC SNOW ANGLES FOR ONE MINUTE
MAN YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!
- KARAOKE TO THE END, SWITCH SIDES AT MIDDLE LIGHT POLE.
- MAKE SOME LBAC FOR ONE MINUTE
MOSEY TO THE SHELTER
- ONE MINUTE PLANK CLAPS IN A TRIANGULAR PATERN GOING CLOCKWISE (BUT WITCH HAND?)
- DYNAMIC IRON CROSS (THROW PARTNERS LEGS IN ONE OF THREE DIRECTIONS HOPEFULLY THE DIRECTION HE LEAST EXPECTS AS PARTNER TRIES TO KEEP LEGS IN THE UPRIGHT POSITION) X25 OR AROUND THERE.
YEAH, HE ROCKS!
- PARTNER GET UPS FRONT TO FRONT WITH INTERLOCKED HANDS (SWAP PARTNERS AFTER EACH REP) X10
- PARTNER GET UPS BACK TO BACK WITH INTERLOCKED ELBOWS (SWAP PARTNERS AFTER EACH REP) X10
HEY JIMMY I SAW SOME SWINGS ON THE WAY IN, LETS GO CHECKEM OUT HUH?
SO HERE WE GO… ONE PAX SWINGS AS HIGH AS HE CAN AND JUMPS OFF WHILE THE OTHER 2 PAX CATCH HIM…. NO! JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF YOUR READING OR JUST LOOKING AT THE PICTURES.
- PAX GRAB A HOLD OF THE CROSS BAR AND PERFORM KNEE UPS FOR ABOUT 16 REPS OR UNTILL YOU CANT FEEL YOUR FINGERS ANYMORE. AND A, DONT STICK YOU FOOT IN THAT 5 INCH poodle UNDERNEATH THE SWING LIKE I JUST DID.
MOSEY TO THE
- JUMP UPS IN FRONT OF THE NET (ONE JUMP THEN STEP TO THE RIGHT AND REPEAT FOR TWO WHOLE COURT LENGTHS)
- MOVE TO OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE COURT AND BEAR CRAWL BACK TO THE BEGINING
- JUMP UPS IN FRONT OF THE NET (ONE JUMP THEN STEP TO THE LEFT AND REPEAT FOR TWO WHOLE COURT LENGTHS)
- MOVE TO OPPOSITE SIDE AND CRAB WALK BACK TO START.
MARK THAT ONE OFF THE BUCKET LIST… CRAB WALK AND BEAR CRAWL ON A SNOW COVERED SAND VOLLEYBALL COURT. JUST THE MERE LOGISTICS OF IT IS MIND BOGGLING.
HEY MAN, THAT WAS FUN BUT, HOW YOU GONNA DRIVE THAT RICE ROCKET HOME IN ALL THIS SNOW… SHOOT, I HADN’T THOUGHT ABOUT THAT.
MOSEY TO THE SHELTER FOR MARY
- BOAT CANOEx14IC
- DYING COCKROACHx20IC
- HEALING TOUCHESx20 (AKA HEEL TOUCHES)
COT: count off, namorama, prayer
MOLESKIN: REALLY GREAT GETTING TO BE WITH SOME PAX THAT I HAD NOT MET BEFORE. EACH MAN PUT IN A GREAT EFFORT TO GET BETTER TODAY AND MAKE OTHERS BETTER AT THE SAME TIME. THANKFULL FOR THE SNOW AS IT KEPT US MUCH DRYER THAN I HAD EXPECTED. ALSO, DID NOT GET VERY SANDY AT THE VBALL COURTS, LIKELY DUE TO PROTECTIVE LAYER OF SNOW.