11 faithful posted and found a new face waiting to lead the workout. YHC was honored to be invited by Pondo to lead a workout at the ‘Shed and based on the experience YHC hopes this was the first of many such opportunities. #Woodshed is a large AO with tons of possibilities for workout pain. Today we stayed within the confines of Meadowfield/Old Woodlands Park but that does not mean we did not cover any ground.
Conditions – 80 degrees and humid
Run Through Parking Lot and Through School Parking Lot – Stop at Grassy Area on Corner
- SSH – 25 (4ct)
- Imperial Walker – 25 (4ct)
Run Through School Drop-Off Circle – Stop at Corner
- Little Baby Arm Circles – 20 (4ct) forward and backward
- Shoulder Press – 20 (4ct)
- High Knees – 25 (4ct)
- Squats – 15 (4ct)
Run Toward Tennis Courts – Stop Outside of Courts
- Merkins – 10 (4ct)
- Big Boy Sit-Ups – 25 (OYO)
Run Toward Corner Next to Softball Field – Stop at Corner
- Merkins – 10 (4ct)
- Russian Twists – 20 (4ct)
Run to Bleachers –
- Box Jumps – 30 Seconds – AMRAP
- Dips – 30 Seconds – AMRAP
Off to the Side –
- CLBC – 30 Seconds – AMRAP
- Incline Clap Merkins – 30 Seconds – AMRAP
- Step Ups – 30 Seconds – AMRAP (alternating legs)
Off to the side –
- Russian Twists – 30 Seconds – AMRAP
- Low Plank – 30 Seconds
Run to Park Playground –
- Pull-Ups – 30 Seconds AMRAP
Off to the side –
- Big Boy Sit-Ups – 30 Seconds AMRAP
Rinse & Repeat to Complete Two Full Rounds
Run to School Field – Line Up near Building
5 Minutes AMRAP – This will cover ~125 yards each way
- 1st Cone – 10 Merkins
- 2nd Cone – 20 Mountain Climbers (count both sides)
- 3rd Cone – 10 CDD
- 4th Cone – 5 Burpees
- Run to End Cone; Turn Around and Run it Back in the Same Order
- Rinse & Repeat for 5 Minutes AMRAP
Line Up Pax – Strings of Fire
- Sprint to Far Cone (~125 yards)
- Monkey Humpers – 20
- CLBC – 20
- Plank Jacks – 20
- Do SSH until the 6 finishes
- Rinse & Repeat for 2 Rounds
Line Up Pax –
- Sprint AYG to far cone (~125 yards) and back (~250 total yards)
- SSH – 10 (4ct)
Return to COT
BOM – Closed out by YHC
Devo – Delivered by Pondo – what should we pray for?
- Again, it was an honor to lead these men at #Woodshed. Watching from down Hampton Hill it was pretty evident that these guys had something good happening. After a visit and leading a workout YHC can confirm those suspicions. It was great to see.
- Solid support for fellow pax; also great to see prayer requests and discussion of an upcoming prayer study.
- T-Claps to Pondo, Heist, and someone else that spent time at Meadowfield registration yesterday to promote F3. What an outstanding idea and one that can easily be emulated at other schools. If not during registration perhaps during orientation evenings.
- Prayers to Squint and his family as they are in the 37th week of their third pregnancy. Boy #3 is coming….
- Prayers for a safe and successful mission trip to El Salvador for CoPay and Cavity in the next couple of weeks.
- Prayer request for ShadeTree (Hal Hucks)
- There is a prayer group coming in the next couple of weeks. It will meet at Eastminster Presbyterian in room 356. This will be a book study on Pillipians starting at 6:00 pm Tuesday, 8/4 and Papercut has the Q (@F3PaperCut). Please contact him with questions/HC’s. He needs to know how many books to order.
- Hot Summer’s Night 5K is this Saturday evening at 7:00. Race starts and ends near Hand Middle School (#Thunder AO). Flat and fast 5K. Test your speed. Party following at Promo’s (just around the corner on Monroe). $5 discount code 5HOTK
- HeeHaw’s 13.1 Mile run from Chapin to Little Mountain and back is just around the corner. This run is the morning of 8/15 at 6:00 AM. There is a preblast here – Little Mountain Preblast Link
- F3 #theSpur launches at the Blatt PE Center on campus Saturday, 8/22. If you have any connections to USC or any student organizations please let us know.
- Woodshed’s 1-Year Anniversary will be celebrated Saturday morning, 8/29. #DawnStrike will kick things off with a 6:00 bootcamp. #theWall will launch a LSD run at 6:30 and a convergence bootcamp will launch at 7:00. COT at 8:00 with #coffeeteria immediately following. To YHC’s knowledge these will be the ONLY downtown workouts that morning.
- Mustang Mixer in Old Woodlands Park is 8/8 at 10:00 AM. Wear your F3 shirts and EH some #SadClowns.
- #KettleBell convergence for #IronYard and #Anchor is 8/28 (Friday) at Canal Park at 5:15 AM. #Coffeeteria to follow.