Update: 10/2/2015 – Event has been POSTPONED to a later date.
- Where: US National Whitewater Center (duh)
- When: Oct 4, 2015
- Cost: Adults $99, 6-12 $49, 0-5 free
- What: EO (Entrepreneurs Organization), which has many members among the pax, is hosting this event on October 4, 2015 to commemorate the anniversary of the Battle of Mogadishu. Really cool video about Keni Thomas and his fellow soldiers returning to Mogadishu here: http://returntomogadishu.com.
Thang – Sign up here: http://www.eocharlotte.org/eothirst
The day will start at 0930 with a double-down F3 workout, followed by the “bushwhacker race”, a jail-break from start line to 5 checkpoints (3 checkpoint race that will be M and 2.0 friendly) across USNWC (get your card punched at the 3 or 5 checkpoints). First to cross finish line wins. Racers select their paths, and can have bushes whack them in the thighs as they run or can stick to the closest path. Because the path is self selected, this race is ideal for Ms and 2.0s or to do the race as a family team. Following the race there will be a pig pickin’, leadership talks from Keni Thomas (Ranger who fought from 10/3/93 – 10/4/93 in Somalia who gives talks on leadership -http://kenithomas.com) and Dredd, and finally music from Keni’s band Cornbread (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FihRDAvho)
- 9:30 am – Pre-Race F3 Double Down workout
- 11:00am – Race start
- 12:30pm – Pick pickin’ at 12:30
- 1:30pm – Keni Thomas
- 2:30pm – Dredd talks on leadership
- 2:45pm – Live music
Donations to be made to:
Special Operations Warrior Foundation
The Patriot Charity
The Iron Project
|TICKET PRICES ARE AS FOLLOWS:$99
($179 value subsidized by EO Charlotte)$49
Children under 12FREE
Children under 5
|• Rain or shine.
• Race closes at 1:30pm. • Photo ID required
• USNWC Activity Passes not included.
Sign up here: http://www.eocharlotte.org/eothirst