11 Amblers entered the gloom at KBC for an easy-paced 5.5 mile Friday. Thoughts of tomorrow’s 9 mile Governor’s Cup Half Marathon Route hung heavy as the pax meandered through Jackson Heights, Heathwood, and Lake Katherine. Today’s loop also featured a glance at tomorrow’s water station which may prove to be crucial intel.
Conditions: 60 degrees, dark and cool
5.5 mile loop through Jackson Heights, Heathwood, and Lake Katherine: Depart KBC crossing Trenholm and onto Chicora. Turn right on Wofford and then left on Converse. Up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, and down the hill before a right onto E. Buchanan. Continue across Beltline onto W. Buchanan. Cross Trenholm onto Heatherwood and bend right onto Tomaka and left onto Adger. Climb Adger hill and turn left to continue on Adger toward Dreher. Turn left onto Devereaux and follow all the way back across Beltline. Turn left onto Brennen, right on Kilbourne, left on Sanford, and right onto Kathwood. Follow Kathwood until merging onto Woodlake. Split the lakes on Woodlake and turn left onto Shady. Take your first left on Heath Hill (observing the water station for tomorrow’s 9 mile Governor’s Cup Half Marathon Route), left again onto Quail, and right onto Forest Ridge. Climb the hill back to Carter Hill and end at KBC.
BOM – Closed out by SubPrime with special prayers for the Bell (Costanza) family and Rankin (Robber and Smallmouth) family.
- It’s been said over and over again lately but YHC feels compelled to once again praise the #Amble pax for the exceptional amount of progress made since May. The pace seems to get stronger with each passing week.
- Hydrate for tomorrow’s 9 mile Governor’s Cup Half Marathon Route.
- DO NOT FORGET TO ACTUALLY REGISTER FOR THE GOVERNOR’S CUP HALF MARATHON – COST GOES UP 10/1
- “Don’t forget to prepare your nipples.” – YHC, speaking from experience, on making sure all preparations are in place for tomorrow’s 9 mile Governor’s Cup Half Marathon Route.
- Once again, please do not forget to register for the GC Half-Marathon. The price goes up in four days.
- There is an open order building for the blue F3 Columbia UA shirts. The deadline is this Sunday. As oh wise Sway said, you can’t wear one of you don’t have one. You have to go online and order and pay for the shirt even if you are on the wait list.
- Contract Sway at [email protected] if you are interested in the wait list for the Mud Run. Spots are starting to open up. The run is October 12.
- There is a golf outing at Crickentree scheduled for October 10. Contact Alterboy if interested. [email protected].
- The 3rd F bible study meets again next Tuesday night. We still have two seats left. If anyone is interested, contact TB at [email protected] Meetings are scheduled for alternating Tuesday nights through the next few months at TB’s house, 8:00 PM.
- One team for the Palmetto 200 (March 28-29) has already been formed with a second getting assembled now. March is a long way out but if you’re interested, we need to go ahead and get a roster together. Sign up now and show your commitment to F3 and our long term stamp on this state. Let me know at [email protected]