6 men entered the gloom at KBC and were treated to one of our original #Amble routes, only in reverse. Promo took the helm while Fountainhead and another took it upon themselves to complete the Governor’s Cup 12 mile run and this four mile loop around Lake Katherine was a sight for sore legs, errrr eyes.
Conditions: 70 with 88% relative humidity
4 mile loop around Lake Katherine. Depart KBC heading up Carter Hill and hang a left on Woodlake. From there turn right onto Kathwood and follow up the hill to Sanford. A left on Sanford and another left on Kilbourne took the pax down the familiar Governor’s Cup hill. A left on Shady, left on Heath Hill, left on Quail Lane, and a right on Forest Ridge completed the loop and put the pax back in the KBC parking lot.
- Shovel Flag Planted: Our arrival at KBC was met with the sight of the #Amble Shovel Flag firmly planted in the ground. Fountainhead and another (perhaps Stent) departed on the 12-mile GC run at 5:30. T-Claps to you both. The week morning long run is not easy. Throw in a nice rain shower and YHC is sure it was an experience. Check out this week’s GC course(s) here: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/16/governors-cup-half-marathon-training-12-mile-pre-blast-1018-1019/
- Nice Q by Promo. There wasn’t a lot of meat to this course but it was managed efficiently and everyone ran well.
- The Pre-Holiday Fuel Challenge began October 14. Here is the pre-blast. A lot of F3Columbia is in on this challenge. Won’t you join us, too?
- The F3Columbia Pull-Up Challenge also launched October 14 with the goal of increasing everyone’s upper body strength. This is a must for the Spring Mud Run. Please check out the pre-blast here: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/14/preblast-f3columbia-daily-pull-up-challenge/
- Plan to attend (and bring an EH’d friend to) the Birthday convergence on October 26th at Finlay Park. It’ll be huge. T-shirts are expected in the coming weeks for those who’ve ordered them so plan to gear up for the big one year anniversary event. There is also an #UltimateDoubleDown opportunity on the 26th. If you are training for the Governor’s Cup Half-Marathon you know the 26th is the day you are supposed to run 13.1 miles. So, if you simply cannot allow yourself to miss either workout we invite you to do both. We will depart ~5:00 AM to give us time to complete the 13.1 before invading Finlay Park for the Convergence workout. #CSAUP
- We’re working on at THIRD Palmetto 200 relay team. We’re up around 28 participants so far with more coming from Greenville, Charlotte and elsewhere. This will not be an event you want to miss. Check the pre-blast for details and contact Chaser or YHC if you’re ready to commit.
- Northeast Big Bang Saturday November 2 at North Springs Park off Clemson Rd. 7-8:00 and a strong downtown contingent is needed to help get these guys off on the right foot.
- Governor’s Cup training continues this week with a scheduled 12 mile run Saturday. Here are some of the options for getting this run in: http://f3nation.com/2013/10/16/governors-cup-half-marathon-training-12-mile-pre-blast-1018-1019/