14 pax entered the drippy gloom this morning at Owens Field track for another speed workout.
Conditions: 77 with 94% humidity
8 x 400 for time with 400 recovery between each one. Timed 400 was figured by taking 5k personal record pace and dividing by 4 (to get 400m split) then subtracting 10 seconds. Example: 5k PR is 22:00 then pace is 7:05, split is 1:46 so 400m for time would be 1:36. (Pre-dawn math proved difficult)
Ball of Man led by Mission
– The pax who completed all 8 in the 45 minutes ran a total of 4.5 miles.
– Nice effort today as many of the pax have limited track and speed work experience.
– Prayers today for Robber’s Uncle Leo who seems to be on the home stretch in his fight with Leukemia and for Dodgeball and his wife.
– 8/3 Big Bang in Irmo. 7am a Seven Oaks park. We will have our Convergence as well but please head out to Irmo if you can to give them a big start.
– 8/3 Hot Summer Nights 5k in Shandon. Sign up at StrictlyRunning.com or there at the race.
– #Brickpile (Dreher) and #SwampFox (Crayton) are a go for tomorrow morning. First time mystery Q at #SwampFox. Pick yer poison.
– Unsolicited Advice: When going on a 9 mile run…lube up. #chaffing