A cool gentle ran greeted the 29 faithful who arose before dawn to work out the stresses of the week with some Brickpile beatdown. Rivet was given the duties for the first time, and he came well prepared.
Warm up run
Side straddle hop – 25
Imperial Walker – 20
Merkins – 15
LBC’s – 25
Imperial Walker – 20
Carolina Dry Dock – 15
Run to Hamburger Hill
Merkins, sit ups, squats 15 each for 5 minutes (single count)
Run Hills – Burpies, Merkins, squats, wheel barrels at the top. Plank until completed.
Jog back to field.
Wind sprints 100 yards (?). 7 reps.
Return to COT.
- Outstanding First Q by Rivet. I will suggest in the future, if you print out your workout, use a large font. 10-point Calibri is difficult to read in the gloom. #22-PointArial
- 66 Degrees at 05:45 — today could break the daily all-time low. #NoOneIsComplaining
- Discussions were held at Brickpile and SF regarding growth plans — see details in announcements below.
– DEADLINE of THIS Saturday 8/17 to order a shirt for the AmFibious 5k. Great shirt. See the design that will be on the chest of the shirt here: http://f3nation.com/2013/08/06/pre-blast-the-amphibious-5k/ Race details there as well…it’s not so much a race as a “fun run” and float down the river. Bring wives, kids, Grandma’s for Kim Jung…
– Also 8/17 we have #Strut’s (Irmo) 3rd workout at 7am at Seven Oak’s Park (200 Leisure Ln, Columbia, SC 29210). Come on out and support these new guys and their workout. Chaser has the Q and we’ll be switching up the workout on the Irmo pax. Should be fun.
– 8/17 convergence at Dreher as well for those in Columbia. SubPrime and Stilts have the tag team Q.
– NEXT WEDNESDAY Kim Jung is starting F3Columbia #HumpDay happy hour at Henry’s on Devine Street. 5:30 after work come get a brew with Kim Jung or he’ll drink yours too.
– Governors Cup November 9th — YOU CAN DO THIS. Lots of time to train. Amble guys are expected to be amongst the pax.
– Ryan Rawl Freedom Run on Saturday, September 7th. Ryan was a Richland County Sheriff’s Deputy and The Citadel graduate who was killed in Afghanistan in 2012. The proceeds from the race benefit Citadel scholarships as well as sending at-risk youths from Crayton Middle School to the Sheriff’s Department Kid’s Camps. Ryan was the RCSD Resource Officer at Crayton and had ties to several of our F3 pax. Considering our involvement with Crayton (it’s the home of our “SwampFox” workout, and there are currently about three dozen F3 2.0′s attending school there), we need to support this race fully. Early registration to get the $30 rate ends Monday, August 19th. After that, the entry fee goes up to $35 through September 6th and $40 the day of the race. You can find all the details — including online registration — at this link: http://rawlfreedomrun.com/ The race starts at 8:30 at Crayton. This is an excellent “Double Down” opportunity for those who wish to workout at Brickpile and then run the race at Crayton. (I, Chaser, can not do the race because I’m doing the Blue Ridge Relay that Friday and Saturday and I’m ticked I’ll miss it. I hope there will be a big F3 showing. FROM CHASER: Ryan was one of my Knobs when I was a junior at The Citadel which makes him feel like a little brother to me. I attended his funeral along with about 30 other fellow F-Troop members.)
– IMPORTANT: We are in early discussions to add a few new workouts (yes, already, we be growin’).
SHANDON WORKOUT: Continued consistent big numbers at Brickpile even after the SwampFox split means we need to split again. We’re looking at Hand Middle School which has a huge field, track, pain station opportunities as well as an adjacent park that has stairs, hills, and places to do pull-ups. We also think that Shandon holds a ton of guys who would really benefit from F3. This would be a Tuesday/Thursday bootcamp workout most likley. We need a guy there though…someone to take control of that area in the way that Sway handles Brickpile, Chaser handles SwampFox and FountainHead handles Amble. Are you that guy? If you think you are contact Chaser ([email protected]) or Sway ([email protected]).
DOWNTOWN WORKOUT: Robber is looking to start a downtown workout most likley at Finlay Park or Memorial Park. We already have several pax from the Earlwood area and there are more soon to be FNGs in there. This is still in its infancy. See Robber for more info. ([email protected])
ADDITIONAL SATURDAY LOCATION: We are looking at another Saturday workout and thinking about AC Flora. 60+ makes workouts cumbersome at Dreher. SubPrime is likely the Area Q there. This would be Saturday only and we would likely still all converge together one Saturday a month at Dreher or another large space. Of course, Lizard’s Thicket after every Saturday workout will allow for 2ndF time between Dreher and Flora pax. Talk to SubPrime ([email protected]) if you’re interested in that location.