Today was my first Q at The Stand, and it reminded me of my first Q ever – cold and rainy. As I did back then I kept the workout under the nearby breezeway and kept the PAX nice and comfy. The workout was similar too – basically a small circuit based routine designed to keep the blood flowing while hitting the major muscle groups. T-claps to those who got a little pregame SL (and maybe some RL) in beforehand.
Weather: around 50 degrees, chilly, wet, drizzling.
1 minute warning, intro, no FNGs, pledge of allegiance, prayer, (forgot disclaimer).
Warm up under the breezeway to the left of the school:
- 20x SSHs IC
- 20x TTTs IC
- 20x AIR SQUATs IC
- 20x LBCs IC
Mosey to the breezeway at the front of the school for:
- Using the T shaped breezeway, start at the center of T.
- Lap 1 – do 1x BURPEE; run to bottom of T and do 2x PVC MERKINs (using one piece of 4″ pvc do 2x merkins each hand —> right hand on pvc, merkin, roll pvc to left hand, merkin, roll pvc to right hand, merkin, roll pvc to left hand, merkin); run to right top of T and perform 2x LUNGEs (2 each leg); run to left top of T and peform 2x BBSUs; run back to center of T.
- Lap 2 – do 2x BURPEEs; run to bottom of T and do 4x PVC MERKINs (using one piece of 4″ pvc do 4x merkins each hand); run to right top of T and perform 4x LUNGEs (4 each leg); run to left top of T and peform 4x BBSUs; run back to center of T.
- Rinse and repeat until lap 8…
- Lap 8 – do 8x BURPEEs; run to bottom of T and do 16x PVC MERKINs (using one piece of 4″ pvc do 16x merkins each hand); run to right top of T and perform 16x LUNGEs (16 each leg); run to left top of T and peform 16x BBSUs; run back to center of T.
- On laps 9 & 10, work the reps back down to 7x & 6x.
- In addition to this, there were 2 50# sandbags that were in play. Basically if you saw a sandbag laying at the center, carry it the length of your lap. Then leave it for the next guy.
With time expiring, we stopped at the 10 laps mentioned above and mosied back to the back breezeway. With one a few seconds remaining, we each squeezed in:
- 75x SIDEWALK CALF RAISEs
Count-o-rama, name-o-rama, announcements, prayers.
- Cheech 10K, Lexington Half this Saturday (11/11)
- Hairy Bison 15K Ruck/ 30K Run at Harbison State Forest (11/18)
- Christmas Party (12/15) Saluda River Club
- Cottonmouth (12/30)
- FIA’s Salty and her family
- Brainiac’s wife/family