“And I don’t understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there’s no rain”
If you are a fan of 90s alternative rock (and who isn’t?), you might recognize these lyrics from the Blind Melon song, “No Rain”. YHC had this song in mind this morning when heading out the door to Q at Stride. Just wondering how many PAX slept in expecting rain and are kicking themselves for not posting.
Those PAX that did post this morning expecting to watch the puddles gather rain were disappointed. But that’s a good thing because we all stayed dry today. 8 human PAX and 1 dog posted at Stride for a rain free run. Here’s how it went:
Conditions: 63 deg F and clear (NO RAIN)
Count off, Disclaimer(?), Prayer
– From Maiden Ln, Left on S Church
– Right on Elm Right on Roberts
– Straight on Gibson
– Left on Hendrix
– Right on Duffie (actually Chariot)
– Right on W Main
– Right on Main St
– Right on Church
– Rinse & Repeat the same loop for 6.5 miles (actually turned out to be about 6.1 miles. #BlameStrava & #BlameDunphy)
– Trucks hauling chickens travel on Main St. in the early morning hours. That smell lingers for a while.
– Winston (Cow Bell’s dog) has no qualms about dropping a deuce in the middle of a parking lot. Watch your step.
– 2/24: Dam-to-Dam relay
– 3/3: F3 Lexington 4 Year Anniversary Convergence: https://t.co/jimZNik5vC
– 3/23-3/24: Palmetto 200
– Frosty is getting married this weekend. Praise!
– Ranger’s family