Lexington’s newest AO got off to a great start last week – and is moving full steam ahead. YHC figured there would be several new guys there who would appreciate a good round of Beers on the Wall with some ABSolute fun mixed in. It was good to see a big crowd there with several OGs posting.
Weather was nice. Could have been a little cooler (okay, a lot cooler). We had 1 for StrideLite and 1 for RuckLite.
1 minute warning, lights on… 5 o’clock, intro, no FNGs, disclaimer, prayer
We did a quick mosey around the parking lot so we could spread out for some warm up exercises consisting of…
- 15x IWs IC
- 15x Michael Phelps IC
- 15x Mountain Climbers IC
From there we continued to the sidewalk entrance were things were set up. We lined up shoulder to shoulder and I gave instructions on how “beers on the wall” is played, turned on some music (97.5), and got started. Basically we did a round of beers on the wall and two sets of Mary (most IC, some OYO), rinse and repeat until finished.
- 10 bottles of beer: The PAX line up side-by-side, plank, relay merkin 10 pieces of PVC down the line where you grab a piece of pvc with your right hand, merkin, roll it to you left hand, merkin, pass it to the guy on the left, get another from your right. Rinse and repeat until all pieces were passed down. Set one piece off to the side.
- Mary time… 15x Flutter Kicks & 15x LBCs
- 9 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
- Mary time… 15x Monkey Crunches & 15x Reverse Crunches
- 8 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
- Mary time… 15x Freddy Mercurys & 15x Gas Pumps
- 7 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
- Mary time… 8x Windshield Wipers & 15x LBFCs
- 6 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
- Mary time… 15x Boxcutters & 16x Outlaws
- 5 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
- Mary time… 15x American Hammers & 15x Rosalitas
- 4 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
Mary time… 15x Hello Dollys & 15x Rosalita Whips
- 3 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
- Mary time… 16x E2K & 15x Bay City Scissors
- 2 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
Mary time… 10x Boat Canoes & 10x V-Ups
- 1 bottles of beer (with the pvc going back the other way)
As I write the backblast (aka, copied from a previous workout), I do not recall the Mary exercises that are struck through. So we likely took an extra beer down somewhere along the way. Regardless, we got plenty of work in.
To kill the remaining time we did 1 minute of People’s Chair then another 1 minute of People’s Chair with Arm Raised Forward.
Circle up for the count-o-rama, name-o-rama, announcements, prayer, pledge of allegiance, naming of new AO…
- We need mentors. 30 minutes per week is all it takes. See Ken Doll or Dozer
- 11/16/19: John Flanagan Memorial 10k. https://lexingtonhalf.com/pages/race-10k.php
- 12/14/19: F3 FiA Christmas Party
- 2/15/20: Dam to Dam Relay. Register here: www.damtodamrelay.com
- 3/27-28/20: Palmetto 200
- Injured, missing PAX
Naming of AO… Backyard?, Expulsion?, The Den?, Jungle?, SomBeech?, Beech House?… Beech House it is!!!