YHC assumed a low turnout with the P200 kicking off today, so YHC wanted to try out a new route, using the new sidewalk on US1 past the library. YHC learned not to always trust the Strava map when creating a route; some roads may appear to connect while they don’t in reality. What YHC discovered is the Woodcreek neighborhood is a nice, quiet place for a run.
YHC did have several moments of FOMO this morning; as YHC was stretching prior to the run, two vans passed by, undoubtedly headed to the P200 start line.
Weather: Low 40’s
Right on US1, towards I-20
Left on Stonebridge (Woodcreek neighborhood)
Followed to an unexpected dead end, turned around, and took a Right on Carola Lane to the end turned around
Right on Stonebridge
Right on US1, back to shovel flag
COT and Prayer
- 22-23 March: P200
- 8-19 April: The Gauntlet. Preblast: https://www.f3midlands.com/columbia-sc/gauntlet-2019
- 19 April: Cross Ruck; Quisenberry is leading
- 21 April: Jacoby’s Shield SuperHero 5K, to benefit families whose kids have passed away: https://runhard.org/pages/race-superhero.php
- Thumbs Up in the Luekemia Lymphoma Society Man of the Year. Donate here: https://pages.mwoy.org/sc/midlands19/Fite4aCure19
- Recall is participating in the Make-A-Wish Trailblaze Challenge (28.3 mile hike in May), raising money for Make-A-Wish South Carolina. Website for donations: https://secure2.wish.org/site/TR/InternalChapterEvent/Make-A-WishSouthCarolina?px=4626890&pg=personal&fr_id=3201
- P200 runners this weekend