Conditions: A muggy 74 degrees, but thankfully clear skies.
Warmup: Mosey down the big boy stairs pick up a block on the way to the end of the practice field. Warmup was 10 reps each with burpees between, increment one burpee with each exercise.
- Through the Tunnel (1 burpee)
- Windmill (2 burpees)
- Little Baby Arm Circles 10 EW (3 burpees)
- Side Straddle Hop (4 burpees)
- Overhead Clap (5 burpees)
- Imperial Walker (6 burpees)
- Squats (7 burpees)
- Flutterkicks (8 burpees)
- American Hammer (9 burpees)
- Not-So-Lazy Boys (10 burpees)
YHC set up six cones on the practice field, two on the near goal line, two midfield and two on the far goal line. At each station the PAX did sixes, done in the same manner as elevens, going back and forth across the field during the routine. We did make it to the opposite side of the field, but that was it.
Near Goal Line: Merkins, sprint to opposite side then manmakers. Plank for six before moving on.
YHC didn’t have music to accompany the workout, so the PAX sang Army Jodies while doing an overhead carry to the next station at midfield.
Midfield: Big Boy Situps, backward run to opposite side then LBC’s. Plank for six before moving on.
Curls for the girls singing Jodies to the far end of the field.
Far Goal Line: Plankjacks, carioca to opposite side then mountain climbers. Plank for six.
Time was up, so the PAX collected the cones and blocks and sang Jodies back to the block pile.
- 811 Run this coming weekend
- Stomp the Swamp 5K at River Bluff HS – August 25
- BRR SnakePit needs one more to step up for the team, first weekend in September
- Meeting for Adopt-A-Highway trash pick-up
- Safe travels for Emmy
- Bunkbed’s brother going to Citadel this week
- 6-Foot’s brother in law & family
- Brainiac’s surgery